Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Group Financial Accountant Job Description
The role will be responsible for helping operational finance teams to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with Group accounting policies. The role will assist the Head of Group Financial Accounting in meeting external reporting requirements, including compliance with current accounting standards, will work with the wider business on technical and commercial accounting matters, and will have responsibility for preparation of subsidiaries’ statutory accounts and performance of technical research as required, particularly in relation to the Group’s investments in subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates. In addition, the role will help manage the year end Group accounts process and liaise with the auditors to ensure that their requirements are met.
• Manage the statutory reporting process, including setting timetables and providing guidelines to operational finance teams in the UK and overseas. This includes supporting the year end
• Group accounts and Annual Review process, liaising with the business and key stakeholders to ensure reporting requirements are met
• Work alongside the Head of Group Financial Accounting and Director of Group Reporting to maintain accounting policies across the Group
• Provide accounting advice to the wider business in structuring contracts and transactions, and in determining accounting impact of commercial decisions
• Liaise with the wider business to ensure the Group’s investments in joint ventures and associates are appropriately accounted for
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with excellent academic record
• Experience of statutory financial reporting and consolidation in a complex multinational organisation, or of the statutory audit of such organisations
• Experience of working in a listed environment or for a public interest entity
• Excellent awareness of current technical accounting and reporting requirements under both IFRS and UK GAAP, and the ability to apply these requirements in a pragmatic and commercial manner
• Ability to plan and manage own workload in order to meet tight deadlines
• A genuine interest in the Entertainment & Media sector
• Good spreadsheet and IT skills (prior experience of using SAP would be an advantage, but training will be given as required)
• Ability to use initiative and creative thinking to anticipate issues and develop common sense, practical solutions
• Proactive and self motivated with excellent communication skills
• Confident and flexible team player; and
• A “finisher” with the genuine drive and commitment to produce the highest quality work and to deliver technical expertise at all times
• Liaise with the Tax and Treasury teams to ensure balances are appropriately recorded and relevant action taken where required e.g. compliance with banking covenants
• Work with finance support teams to ensure intra-group balances are regularly reconciled and differences fully investigated and resolved
• Monitor accounting and reporting developments under UK GAAP and IFRS; perform research on technical accounting issues as requested by the Head of Group Financial Accounting and help train the wider finance community as accounting guidance continues to evolve
• Liaise with statutory auditors to discuss and resolve queries as they arise and ensure a smooth audit process
• Other ad hoc work as may be required by the Head of Group Financial Accounting from time-to-time.