Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Group Picture Editor Job Description
Management of the Group Picture Department with supervision of staff and all of the titles. The Group Picture editor will be expected to work closely with three senior editors and to manage and oversee the picture content, budgets, and mark-ups across all of the titles as well as picture editing a specific title as agreed with the editors. This is a senior role with responsibility for three or more members of staff.
The Group Picture Editor will be responsible for the day to day output of the picture desk ensuring the photography standards are maintained and brand strategy is delivered on each title. They will demonstrate a visual direction, have specialist knowledge on each title they work across. They will constantly monitor and negotiate rates and manage budgets across the department ensuring an efficient work flow is maintained at all times.
• Overall responsibility for the Picture Department to ensure the picture team works effectively for each of its titles.
• Managing four team members, recruiting, appraising staff and supporting achievement of their personal objectives and team goals.
• Bi-monthly meetings with each editor to discuss picture issues, staff performance and to assess upcoming projects.
• Training staff and supervising freelancers to share resources, update knowledge and improve working practices to be more efficient.
• Advising editors on picture budgets and negotiating discounted agency rates across the group. Overseeing picture requirements for new launches and special projects.
• Negotiating rates with picture agencies within the budgets of the magazines and clearing rights for usage.
• Researching PR and agency pictures for the magazines. Researching material on spec.
• Commissioning and directing a wide range of photo sessions including covers, features and fashion, finding studios, locations, props and making bookings.
• Liaising with and art directing talent where appropriate.
• Clearing picture rights for further use and to promote reuse of free material across the department.
• Excellent managerial skills with considerable experience of supervising a team of picture staff on a weekly or monthly national consumer title.
• Substantial experience picture editing on a weekly or monthly national consumer title, preferably on several titles at once.
• Substantial experience researching football, celebrity, animal and factual images.
• Understanding of the different aims and styles of teen, pre-teen and educational magazines and an appreciation of their subject matters.
• Ability to multi task on a broad range of magazines with varied deadlines and to prioritise work for different editorial teams while managing large budgets.
• Experience of negotiating discounted group rates with picture libraries.
• Strong contact list of photographers, make-up artists, stylists and studios in order to produce high quality images for publication (whilst keeping costs as low as possible);
• Up to date knowledge of picture industry developments relating to digital photography and on-line research and experience of setting up efficient manual and digital archive library systems;
• Detailed knowledge of picture rights and syndication.
• Keen interest in photography and design, with knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Word and Excel software packages.
• Ensuring images are marked up on DAM on a monthly basis.
• Clearing picture rights for syndication.
Liaising with legal department to set up and uphold complex syndication licences and advising publishers on picture rights for new business.
• Ensuring the Smart Repro editorial workflow is followed and highlight and organise any necessary training for the team as appropriate.
• Responsibility for processing invoices and marking up picture costs.
• Ensuring copyright forms are signed by photographers for all commissioned shoots.
• Picture research for magazines, including a wide range of subjects including football, pop and other celebrity, animals and factual.
• Short term holiday/sickness cover for Picture Desk.