Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Lead the design and delivery of effective Internal Communications and Engagement activities. As part of the IC&E senior team, scoping and overseeing the delivery of campaigns, change programmes, employee engagement strategies, key announcements, employee communications and related events. Thereby helping the organisation to achieve its goals through enabling understanding and engagement.
· Responsible for managing and inputting into Internal Communication channels and continuously improving their effectiveness using insight and measurement
Responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of the employee pulse and annual surveys, working to ensure relevant action plans are put in place and delivered against to drive improvements where necessary
· Deploy resources effectively, allocating resources and negotiating timescales to ensure optimum progress against objectives. In particular to collaborate with the other Internal Communications & Engagement teams in ensuring the most effective use of skills and resources.
· Ensure message consistency, alignment and relevant translation across the company
· Drive high impact Internal communications messages and campaigns which drive engagement and business performance
· Support national and localised change programmes, defining the complimentary Internal communication and engagement strategies and deliverables to achieve the business objectives
· Overseeing the management and delivery of major events
· Facilitate and deliver the necessary leadership engagement activities to inform and equip managers to communicate with their teams
· Work closely with the External Communications teams and press office to manage the company reputation. Ensure that key external announcements, campaigns etc. are fully communicated to all staff in a timely, creative and effective way and that internal announcement are joined up
· Analyse performance within area of responsibility against the agreed policies, reporting on key issues to Directors
· Develop and manage plans for handling internal communications at times of crisis as well as any necessary internal communications and engagement plans following a crisis to bring the organisation back to BAU.
Be part of the out of hours team support structure, taking equal turns with the other heads of dept as the IC&E emergency contact point for all Business Continuity issues or press office enquiries
· Ensure that policies, rules and procedures are met in relation to
the post-holder’s responsibility for the management of people and resources and to ensure health and safety standards are met.
· Supports the creation and sustainment of the internal communication and engagement function, by taking a cross section overview of research standards and keeping abreast of emerging topics and best practices
· Manages an allocated budget, ensuring that employees and other specialist resources are deployed cost-effectively and efficiently whilst maintaining high standards of professional service.
· Drives the implementation of robust corporate processes to ensure the timely internal management reporting of individual divisional performance and upwards.
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced IT skills
RSA III/NVQ 3 or equivalent.
Trained and experienced at intermediate level in a range of software packages
Good standard of English & Numerate
Advanced secretarial skills such as audio and voice recognition software
At least 2/3 years experience in a secretarial environment
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
The ability to organise and prioritise own workload within any specified guidelines where guidance
is not readily available, but at set intervals
Proficient in diary management co-ordinating appointments to ensure best use of Managers’ time
Experience of transcribing formal minutes of meetings.
Independent/lone working and team working skills
Experience of adapting to change and managing work in a changing environment
Evidence of ability to be flexible and show initiative, sensitivity and enthusiasm to work
Free job description Head of Internal Communications & Engagement
Part of the senior Internal Communications and Engagement team, feeding into the overall corporate IC&E strategy
Business partnering relevant Executive team members.
Able to translate business objectives and requirements into
effective Internal Communication and Engagement strategies
· Ownership of the relevant divisional internal communication and engagement strategies. Overseeing the successful delivery of all relevant activities
· Provide effective support and counsel to senior leaders within the company on employee related matters. Managing all leadership communication in partnership with members of the Executive team
· Extensive and credible managerial experience with a proven track record of shaping and driving the delivery of an Internal Communications and Engagement function and strategy within the industry or one with similar scale of complexity.
· Able to demonstrate a high level of political & business awareness along with an appreciation and knowledge of the key principles underpinning the business in which they operate within.
· Experience of leading through change and implementing effective IC&E strategies that drive the necessary change.
· Ability to manage teams, developing talent and a high performance culture.
· Financially literate, with experience controlling financial budgets.
· Ability to analyse and contextualise complex issues, identify key points to be addressed and develop effective, practical plans to resolve complex problems