Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide legal and commercial advice and direction in relation to all aspects of the business. The post holder will be a senior manager expected to make a strong contribution to the direction of the company and to liaise closely with the COO and to advise on the strategy and development of the business. They will be expected to have an overview of, and advise on the business’s governance issues, have line management of and be responsible for the professional development of the legal team.
Free Job description Head of Legal & Business Affairs
1. To contribute to the business’ objectives through providing first class legal and commercial advice on the contractual relationships underpinning the company’s business.
2. To implement, commercial, legal and contractual strategies for the business which are consistent with the long term interests of the company. To highlight risk issues where relevant, and to seek ways to mitigate risk through innovative solutions.
3. To take overall responsibility for the effective management including drafting and negotiation of a large volume of contracts across the range of the company’s activities
Skills Knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following professional skills:
• significant commercial and legal experience in a media company
• a minimum of 6 years PQE legal experience and first class educational qualifications;
• excellent knowledge of the law in areas of contract, intellectual property, media and competition law and a working knowledge of regulations;
• strong contract drafting skills;
• excellent negotiations skills;
• experience in international media, in particular broadcast media
In addition the personal skills will include:
• intellectual rigour and analytical skills;
• pragmatic attitude to the handling of risk;
• excellent communication and presentation skills;
• being a strong team player;
• an ability to prioritise and maintain output under pressure;
• an ability to delegate effectively
• strong organisational skills;
• the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients;
• drive and initiative
• supply agreements including IT and service agreements arising from the companies’ operational activities, often in conjunction with the relevant Director;
• agency and representative agreements worldwide.
4. Work with outsourced sales teams to ensure the company achieves the best commercial and legal terms possible, in particular by:
• Acting as the first contact point for the sales teams in obtaining commercial instructions on specific deals and working with the Head of to ensure the deals are compliant;
• Advising on and applying guidelines
• instructing the sales team on the commercial parameters and objectives of their deals generally;
• Ensuring the sales teams are aware of the company’s commercial, legal and governance policies;
5. Working with the Director to formulate the best deal terms for key sales agreements;
6. Evaluating, advising and executing agreements to an agreed level
7. Deputising for the Controller Legal and Rights when requested;
8. To take overall responsibility for the negotiation and drafting of service level agreements with other subsidiaries/divisions
9. To ensure first class business processes are adopted for contract generation and management.
10. To ensure that legal documents comply with all current legislation, regulations and best practice within the legal profession.
11. To identify and deliver business process improvement initiatives related to the legal and business affairs effort.
12. To advise operational management in ensuring compliance with all relevant regulation both in the UK and overseas.
13. To advise on commercial policy
14. To advise the board on the legal and commercial implications of strategic business policies.
15. To exercise sound professional judgment in identifying issues that need reference to the Management Board
16. To develop the professional abilities and knowledge of the legal department and to provide effective quality control of the department’s output.
17. To manage the workload of the legal department through effective organisation and prioritisation and to support members of the legal team;