Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Head of Management Accounting Job description
The post holder offers dynamic leadership and management of the staff, on a day to day basis, to ensure a responsive, professional, high quality, customer focused management accounting service which actively makes the connection between delivery and achieving the wider aims and objectives, within the most effective use of resources available
To assist the Assistant Director - Management Accounting to provide a high quality management accounting service including:-
• Leading and motivating a customer-focussed Management Accounting team
• Improving and developing controls and processes
• Completion of the annual budget setting exercise
• Production of accurate and timely monthly reporting including verified forecast outturn position
• Assisting with future financial resource modelling for the Organisation which is responsive to Organisation wide risks and service pressures
• Translating and making sense of financial information, for the staff the post holder manages and comes into contact with in the Organisation
• To offer innovative leadership and financial solutions to enable most effective use of resources for the benefit of patients.
• To promote a ‘can do’ attitude and determination to develop and sustain a dynamic and responsive Management Accounting service which delivers best practice.
• To co-ordinate the production of accurate, timely and reliable financial information including monthly budget reports and CIP updates to enable the Organisation to make informed decisions.
• To assist the Assistant Director – Management Accounting with the effective, timely and accurate completion of budget setting including sign-off and reconciliation. Ensure appropriate working papers are maintained to meet audit requirements.
• To provide sound financial advice on the revenue implications of business cases, service developments and CIPs ensuring post-implementation financial evaluation occurs where appropriate.
• To manage the timely production of financial data to ensure that it is submitted to the Head of Financial Planning and Reporting to enable all regular and ad hoc returns to be submitted in line with national/local deadlines.
• To develop the monitoring of the Organisation CIP to ensure the position is accurately reported and reflected in the monthly financial position and forecast outturn. To assist budget managers in identifying the implications of CIP schemes.
• To provide cover for other areas within the Directorate, when necessary and appropriate.
• To agree and manage day to day accountability for delegated budgets, as agreed with the Assistant Director – Management Accounting.
• To take responsibility for the effective monitoring of financial reserves, ensuring that this is fed into the monthly forecasting process highlighting significant deviations.
• To advise budget holders and senior managers of financial issues that impact upon service delivery.
1.3 Understanding and Managing in Context
• To take personal responsibility for maximising opportunities to improve the use of resources and the quality of services that you are accountable for and to ensure that the Assistant Director - Management Accounting is engaged in plans particularly where support is required to make change happen effectively.
• To take personal responsibility to learn lessons and build these into future plans.
• To offer creative and dynamic team management to enable the delivery of effective change and subsequent service improvement to meet the principles of QIPP
1.4 Team and People Development
• To take active steps to encourage, support and promote a culture of development, improvement and learning, including ensuring that effective personal development and appraisal systems are in place encompassing clear and explicit expectations and targets to enable continuous improvement in performance standards, training and development of staff.
• To create the conditions that enable the individual and team to perform and develop including coaching, facilitative and enabling techniques and making effective links between all areas of the finance team.
• To ensure skills and talents are actively recognised and developed within the team and also promoted across the wider organisation.
• To assist in the development and delivery of bespoke training for budget managers across all areas of management accounting and CIP monitoring.
• To contribute to the training and development of managers on finance policies and procedures to ensure a greater understanding of ORGANISATION finance and the need for the control of financial resources.
• To facilitate understanding and provide assistance to senior leaders in financial and performance matters as appropriate.
1.5 Relationship building
• To actively engage with, listen to and seek views of patients (as appropriate), staff, key stakeholders and commissioners to influence and improve accessibility and inclusiveness of future service developments.
• To manage the day to day ‘customer relations’ interface with budget holders and senior managers to ensure that active engagement
results in continuous improvement in service delivery.
1.6 Emotional Intelligence
• To behave consistently with the values and beliefs of the organisation and promote these on day to day basis.
• To behave consistently with the ORGANISATION Code of Conduct for Managers.
• To maintain emotional resilience and maturity when exposed to occasional distressing or emotional circumstances for example when dealing with challenges regarding CIP delivery targets.
2 PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
• To take responsibility for keeping up to date and reviewing your personal development needs, objectives and establishing performance standards for the role, on a regular basis including participating in reviews with your manager on at least a 12 monthly basis.
• In agreement with the Assistant Director – Management Accounting, maximise opportunities for development across all areas of the Finance Directorate.
3 CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES
• To ensure that your actions and behaviours are in line with, and consistent with, our values, WE CARE.
• Matters of a confidential nature, regarding both staff and patients may be available to the post holder; divulgence of information or even of the knowledge of such information must only occur in the proper exercise of the above duties.
• All members of staff must ensure that information security is maintained at all times, taking personal responsibility to be aware of and ensure that their actions and behaviours are in line with, the Organisation’s information governance policies.
• The post holder will be required to comply with regulations relating to the Health and Safety at Work and Infection control.
• The post holder will be required to comply with policies and procedures issued by and on behalf of the Organisation.
• This job description will be subject to review and amendment, in consultation with the post holder, to meet the changing needs of the service and the organisation.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
• CCAB or CIMA qualified or finalist accountant
• Requirement to maintain Continuing Professional Development of CCAB or CIMA
• Significant management accounting experience in ORGANISATION environment (minimum of three years)
• Supporting and advising on complex financial issues.
• Experience of implementing and developing financial controls
• Experience of providing finance training to non-finance staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Highly developed understanding of the ORGANISATION financial regime including the budgeting process
• Ability to negotiate, influence, persuade and communicate effectively
• Undertakes key tasks with minimal supervision
• Numeracy and an eye for detail, capable of working quickly to a high standard of accuracy
• Communicate information effectively verbally and in writing
• Expert in use of Microsoft Excel and competent in computerised General Ledger package and other Microsoft products.
• Uses problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritising own work and the work of the team in an organised and accurate manner within tight deadlines, keeping calm and focussed
• Understanding of ORGANISATION financial operating frameworks, regulatory requirements, legislation, SFIs, SOs and scheme of delegation
• Working knowledge of corporate governance, statutory financial duties and financial controls
• Knowledge of working within professional accounting standards and legislation and their application to the ORGANISATION
• Ability to coach, motivate and facilitate the development of team members to improve performance and meet demanding targets
• Excellent customer service skills, understanding the demands of a client-focussed organisation
• Knowledge of basic Human Resources and Health and Safety policies.
• Working knowledge of employment and Health and Safety legislation
• To manage delivery against short and medium term objectives and develop robust KPIs for the Management Accounting service. This includes leading the team to ensure that services are delivered to maximise the cost effectiveness of resources as well as effectively responding to the needs of the Organisation.
• To provide a high professional standard of management accounting advice to the Organisation including finance and non-finance staff, providing detailed advice and guidance as appropriate.
• To contribute to short term financial planning within the Organisation in respect of service developments, reconfigurations and contract negotiations.
• To contribute to the development, approval and implementation of financial plans and support the consequences of organisational change and changes in national policy.
• To prepare appropriate appendices for the Organisations financial reporting including the Annual Budget report.
• To assist with the preparation of papers for Board sub-committees.
• To prepare costing information that is robust and suitable for decision making.
• To co-ordinate and develop the financial forecasting process including assessing financial risks. Work with budget managers to verify forecasts and ensure an accurate forecast outturn position is reported. Advise the Assistant Director Finance – Management Accountant of any significant issues.