Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job description Head of Pensions Shared Services
Accountable for the delivery of pension and related benefits administration services to key stakeholders; the Trustee of the Pension Scheme and employer pensions matters.
The purpose of this role is to maintain and deliver the pensions administration and other service provision to the key stakeholders in line with their expectations and requirements.
1. Establish, identify and periodically review the agreed service standards with key stakeholders
2. Effectively deliver pension administration and communication services in accordance with Rules, legislation and agreed service levels
3. Key stakeholder relationship management, including establishing effective relationships with other –
• Trustee and service providers
• Pension Scheme CEO
• Head of Pensions Policy
• Pension Scheme Trustees
• Scheme Secretary
• Head of Finance & Director Pensions Investments
• Third party pension providers and advisers
4. People management responsibilities for the following Pensions Shared Service teams:
• Pensions and related benefit administration
• Technical support
• Systems and IT services
5. Be responsible for continuous professional development and resource planning
6. Team budget responsibility
7. Budget agreement with key stakeholders and management of the agreed costing structure
8. Identify and communicate departmental objectives and business plan priorities
9. Identify and maintain a risk management plan for the Pension Shared Service provision
10. Be responsible for contingency planning, IT systems and appropriate business continuity plans
Head of Pensions Shared Services [cont]
1. APMI and university degree qualified or equivalent
2. Substantial pensions industry experience
3. Recent experience in a senior pensions operations management role
4. Able to demonstrate influencing and relationship management skills at executive and senior management level
5. Experience of developing pensions administration strategy and policy for large and complex pension schemes, with knowledge of both DB and DC
6. Communication and leadership skills with the ability to drive excellence
7. Able to motivate and coach team members to achieve agreed service levels
8. Experience of operating a shared service delivery model within agreed service standards
9. Proven track record of developing and implementing KPIs, systems and processes
10. Able to deliver results, with experience of measuring and driving performance
11. In-depth knowledge of UK pensions legislation
12. Technically strong and able to foster and draw on others expertise as required.
Competencies-Head of Pensions Shared Services
Influencing and persuading – highly developed influencing and persuading skills, able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others through personal credibility, integrity and professionalism. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Managing relationships – strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships both internal and external; understanding others needs and goals. Shows sensitivity and tact. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Maximising business effectiveness – provides the best value by sharing resources across the , finds ways to celebrate great talent and excellent performance, goes the extra mile to make sure the job is well done, looks for ways to deliver more and spend less.
Managing performance – enables people to make their own decisions, deals with people directly and sensitively, sets challenging team and individual objectives, shares clear expectations about required performance levels, rewards success and addresses performance issues quickly and fairly.
Customer Focus - Ability to put the needs of customers, both internal and external at the forefront of business activity. Demonstrates an understanding of a range of customers, their different characteristics and needs and actively seeks customer feedback.
Collaborating across boundaries – supports internal debate and encourages external unity, challenges systems, processes and people that block collaboration, treats everyone as valued members of the team and seeks a wide range of views, sets an example by sharing resources, knowledge, ideas and skills across the .
Communication - interacting with external advisers and other key contacts across the to create an environment of co-operation.
Planning and organising - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines.
11. Provide leading edge advice to key stakeholders on pension administration and related regulatory matters
12. Provide pension technical expertise as required
13. Be able to identify and respond effectively to changes in priorities and adhoc projects as required
14. Work with key stakeholders to agree communication and systems development strategies and to effectively resource and prioritise these deliverables
In turn the job holder is responsible for the delivery of high quality, accurate and efficient administration and operation against agreed standards.