Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
To play a key role in the delivery of high quality services and will co-ordinate the effective day to day performance management across a number of directorates by supporting and holding the divisions to account on behalf of the Executive team. Will be able to analyse data and understand the operational implications.
Education Traininig & Knowledge
Minimum of degree level with either an Masters degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 3 years at a senior level in a complex organisation
A proven track record of strategic and operational management for a minimum of 5 years with responsibility for the full range of operational services.
Experience of working at senior management level in large complex environment
Evidence of managing performance at a senior level.
Highly developed leadership and influencing skills with the ability to enthuse, motivate and involve individuals and teams and have them understand performance expectations.
Ability to lead the redesign of services to ensure they are delivered to the highest standard and are cost effective.
Ability to be intellectually flexible and to look beyond existing structures, ways of working, boundaries and
organisations to produce more effective and innovative service delivery and partnerships.
Ability to work at a very senior level with a multi professional group of staff.
Demonstrable political judgement and astuteness in understanding and working with complex policy and diverse interest groups, and common sense in knowing when to brief "up the line".
A commitment to improving services through an ability to sustain a clear performance focus on
achieving demanding goals..
Demonstrable expertise in service and business management functions including in the application of HR and
finance to achieve outcomes in agreed timeframes.
Ability to engage and fully involve senior staff in the redesign processes
A strong sense of personal and team accountability coupled to a clear understanding of the boundaries around
Free Job description Head of Performance
As a member of the Divisional management team you will develop the approach to performance management, and contribute to the overall leadership, direction and
Provide strong and expert professional and business leadership particularly in service planning, and in ensuring the delivery of high quality services.
Take a leading role in the development and review of the services strategy in relation to delivery of performance.
Oversee the delivery of strategy by the directorates, with special
attention to cross-directorate issues and work flows.
Monitor the performance and resource utilisation across the directorates and support the introduction of remedial steps where necessary.
Review and hold to account the operational performance of the clinical directorates and supporting the Director of Operations in the performance appraisal of staff within the directorates.
Develop the leadership potential of all staff.
Support services in the wider transition , ensuring performance is improved.
Represent within the company and wider community, and with partner organisations, and working closely with them to institute integrated working
Lead on performance related CIP opportunities
1. Contribute to the overall direction and leadership as member of the Senior Management Team.
2. Represent organisation externally and develop partnerships with other organisations
3. Contribute to the formation of the Divisional objectives.
4. Work in partnership with other directors to deliver on objectives and ensure the effective day to day running of the organisation
6. Undertake specific projects as required
7. Ensure the appropriate stewardship and governance of the organisation
8. Participate in manager on-call rota.
1. Provide visible leadership for services and create a climate which encourages teamwork, maximises individual potential and stimulates innovation.
2. Ensure new systems encourage empowerment and accountablility
3. Support the directorates to develop appropriate structures to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of objectives
5. Chair appropriate cross directorate forums ensuring new ways of working, innovations and best practice are shared across all areas.
To succeed in this role, will need to be able to build confidence across the organisation as well as with external partners. Key responsibilities will be to challenge,
support and develop the directorate management teams ensuring robust systems for performance and financial management and quality governance are in place.
1. Provide support and leadership to the development and review of service development strategies and ensure that they are consistent with the Board's vision and priorities,
2. Co-ordinate annual business planning in pursuit of excellence and ensure that cross-directorate issues are addressed effectively.
3. Support the directorate teams in the commissioning of service improvement projects, and / or participate in development programmes, in order to contribute to the on-going development and modernisation of services in accordance with
4. Support the directorate teams to continually review operational processes to ensure that new ways of working are embedded across the organisation.
5. Support the divisional general managers to ensure that regular audits of practise occur and that processes remain aligned with changing National strategies.
6. Represent services in the prioritisation of the capital programme and ensure IT and estates developments support the priorities.
8. Liaise and negotiate with corporate departments to ensure that the directorates receive the advice and support they need to manage effectively.
1. Ensure the clinical directorates are sufficiently supported to deliver all key targets and programmes as agreed by the Director of Operations and Chief Operating Officer.
2. Co-ordinate all operational services across services providing advice and support to directorates as appropriate.
3. Facilitate the development of innovative plans for the improvement of services, ensuring a high level of customer engagement.
4. Promote excellence and best practice across all services
5. Work with teams to develop and implement robust performance management arrangements.
Ensure the directorate management teams have strategies and procedures in place to minimise risks to the company
To be responsible for prioritizing the use of available resources e.g. by delivering continuous service improvements or annual savings programmes,
Manage own budget
Responsibility for Dealing with Difficult Situations
The Head of Performance is required to support their team members through complex & difficult issues and situations (such as grievances / complex disputes between
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS
This critical managerial role requires the post holder to organise and lead meetings and initiatives. It involves a broad range of complex activities: formulating, adjusting plans and strategies, developing service/business plans.
Ability to work autonomously but having the knowledge to prioritise and appropriately
Regular multi-agency working