Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To be responsible for ensuring that significant emerging financial, operational and reputational risks are identified at an early stage and for advising senior management, including the Board, on appropriate risk mitigation. The role will build risk and control awareness by helping senior managers embed robust risk management across all areas of the business.
1. Proactively providing risk management advice across the group, proactively identifying emerging risks and advising the Board on appropriate risk management options;
2. Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks (e.g. in relation to specific deals);
3. Overseeing risk reporting to the Board on risk management best practice;
4. Conducting reviews of current or emerging high risk and high profile activities, particularly in overseas territories. This includes not only providing risk advice on a range of deals but also reviewing the existing control environment within individual overseas offices and UK businesses.
5. Helping managers at all levels across the organisation ensure that risk management is embedded at an operational level within the business and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities;
1] Proven track record working at a senior level in a complex, multinational commercial environment. Prior risk advisory, legal, audit or corporate governance experience at a senior level is a requirement for the role;
2. Proactive and self motivated with excellent communication and influencing skills, particularly at Board level;
3. Ability to anticipate issues, identify solutions and provide clear guidance to the Board to enable it to meet its corporate governance obligations across the group;
4. Demonstrable experience of building and motivating a team.
Head of Risk job description
6. Providing early risk management advice to the Board and senior managers on new or unusual activities (e.g. major acquisitions, expansion into new markets);
7. Advising or training staff at all levels on core and on-going risk management issues (e.g. anti-fraud practices, the identification of ‘red flags’ and the importance of customer / supplier due diligence).
8. Acting as the company Anti-Fraud Officer with involvement in sensitive fraud cases;
9. Providing business continuity advice to the Board, including acting as a member of the Crisis Management Team if required;
10. Liaising with other specialist external advisors on the control environment and tracking the implementation of recommendations;
11. Building and motivating a small team of risk management advisors;
12. Ad hoc risk advisory work as required from time to time.
The role may require occasional international travel and be required to assist in major business continuity incidents out-of-hours.