Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Help Desk Technician job description-3
The Help Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer and software operation and to assist end users when problems occur, so that the end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
• Field incoming help requests from end users in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Prioritize problems and work to resolve them. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced personnel.
• Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Access technical resources to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization. This includes, but is not limited to Microsoft Office applications, document management systems, time and billing systems, and various accounting software packages. This also includes, but is not limited to personal computer desktop and laptop hardware, mobile devices, cell phones, digital and VoIP telephones, and video conferencing systems, as well as various local area network devices.
• Performing preventative maintenance and repair of various computer equipment, printers and peripherals.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure user satisfaction and proper problem resolution.
• Other duties as required
• Skilled in hands-on hardware troubleshooting
• Skilled in effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills; must possess strong customer-service orientation.
• Skilled in communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware and software, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components.
• Knowledge of, and experience using programming languages such as Visual Basic and
other .Net languages and web programming.
• Hearing and speaking ability sufficient to communicate with other individuals in person and over the telephone.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand techincal manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Ability to work independently within established guidelines.
• Ability to lift and transport heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals on a regular basis.
• Ability to sit continuously at a computer terminal for extended periods.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Any combination of training and experience which will indicate the possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed above.
2. Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
3. Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
4. A+, Network+, MCP Certification not required but a plus.
5. Valid driver's license.
6. Ability to satisfactorily pass a thorough background check.
The class specification which appears above is intended to be sufficient merely to identify the
class and be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position allocated to the
class and should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties which may be required of
employees holding a position assigned to this class.