Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
All HR Business Partners are aligned to specific business units where they are an integral member of the senior management team. Their role within this team is to provide expert technical advice, pro-actively drive cultural and organisational change and influence stakeholders to ensure pragmatic effective people solutions.
HR Business Partner job description
STRATEGY INSIGHTS & SOLUTIONS
• Understand the business sector, truly engage with the global projects
• Analyse barriers to sustainable performance and develop strategies and plans based on needs of internal clients and staff
• Drive business performance through creation and delivery of effective Human Resource strategy and solutions
• Through collaboration with mangers seek to improve performance through optimising the organisation structure and map processes and communication flows to ensure that structural change is effectively managed
• Lead in planning and implementing organisation development intervention e.g. team restructuring
PERFORMANCE AND REWARD
• Collaborate with HR colleagues in specialist roles to influence reward and resourcing which attract, engage and retain talent both in the UK and internationally
• Work with managers to resolve swiftly individual performance/capability issues appropriately
• Work with managers on the market factors’ impacting on the attraction, performance and retention of staff based on a solid understanding of the sector.
• Design and run internal projects in conjunction with human resource colleagues to drive employee engagement
• Manage employee satisfaction feedback/process and encourage managers and staff to participate
• Engage with managers in identifying and committing to improvement actions
LEARNING & TALENT
• Encourage their leadership team to have clear and straightforward conversations with people about their strengths, limitations, development needs, career aspirations and to develop mentoring coaching relationships with key talent.
• Work with mangers to create learning and talent development plans to meet the performance needs.
• Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for emerging trends, innovations and current best practice
Required skills & experience
Substantial experience working as an HR Business Partner, preferably in the international development sector.
• Strong stakeholder management & influencing through change
• Strong technical skills across the full range of HR activities including:
• International HRM
• Talent Management
• Organisational design & change
• Driving a high performing organisation
• Reward and recognition
• Leadership development
• Designing and delivering meaningful HR data
• CIPD member qualification preferred but not essential
We are passionate about ensuring our HR community is relentlessly positive, maintaining a ‘can-do’ attitude even in the most demanding situations. We place great importance on behaviours and attitudes in the hiring process to ensure that we bring people into the who support the way we do business:
REPUTATION FOR EXCELLENCE
We are striving towards a reputation inside and outside the for excellence, innovation, developing great HR people and being great fun to work with. This means we have to collaborate with our HR community to constantly challenge our processes and solutions, always look beyond the for innovation and network internally and externally with senior business leaders to truly understand what keeps them awake at night.
EASY TO WORK WITH
We want to be known for making things happen through great service. We have to ensure we are jargon-free, that our first answer is ‘yes, we’ll make it happen’ and that we make it easy for our clients to understand what we do, how we add value and how they can get in touch.
VALUE FOR MONEY
To ensure the values our contribution we need to challenge the business to think, behave and work in different ways that deliver cost effective results without impacting quality and reach. We need to provide a customised, solution-focused advisory service which gives common-sense, pragmatic advice. To achieve this we absolutely have to ensure we are Audience-focused, Easy to work with and we maintain a Reputation for excellence.
The key focus areas across the corporate HR Strategy are leadership strength, peak performance and a fresh deal for our employees. We place great importance on having a ‘can-do’ positive attitude within our HR community and only hire people who can demonstrate their ability to maintain such an attitude in a demanding environment.
Both personally as well as via their team, other HR colleagues and HR Direct (our outsourced provider), the business partner is accountable for ensuring the appropriate level of transactional support is available for managers at all levels.
RESOURCING AND TALENT PLANNING
• Work with the Leadership team to assess the overall current and future resource and talent levels across the department and determine short-, medium- and long-term strengths, gaps and needs, incorporating diversity
• Develop a recruitment plan in line with the business strategy to replace and renew talent at specific identified stages
• Manage redundancy programmes in line with business need and employment law
• Lead on resolving complex employee relations issues and influence the management approach
• Lead on key negotiations and foster constructive working relationships with trade unions
SERVICE DELIVERY & INFORMATION
• Create, agree and manage service-level agreements and key performance indicators with internal clients