Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
HR Business Partner job description
To act as HR Business Partner providing timely, responsive and effective Human Resource advice and support on both strategic and operational issues to respective Locality Chief Operating Officer, Organisation managers and staff. To be the HR lead for a defined geographical area(s) and on specific area of work
Human Resources Advice and Support
• To provide HR advice and support to Organisation managers and staff on a wide range of strategic and operational Human Resources issues.
• To assist , Organisation managers and staff in the interpretation and implementation of Organisation policies and procedures e.g. Grievance, Disciplinary and Sickness Absence. Report any issues of concern to the respective Senior HR Manager or Associate Director of HR.
• To support , Organisation managers and staff on the application of terms and conditions of service.
• To advise, Organisation managers and staff on issues of employment legislation.
• To ensure that the Organisation complies with employment legislation and proactively advise the Executive Directors and Organisation managers of the implications of new legislation.
• To ensure the Human Resources team provides a recruitment and selection service which meets the Organisation workforce plan.
Human Resources Policy
• To be responsible for the development and review of Organisation’s employment policies and procedures, ensuring that they reflect current legislation e.g. Disability Discrimination Act and Working Time Regulations.
• To contribute and lead on specific programmes of work e.g. Improving Working Lives, Agenda for Change and Electronic Staff Record.
• To ensure the Human Resources team meets and reports on its performance against national and local Human Resources performance framework targets.
• To contribute to the Organisation’s workforce plan.
• To ensure that the HR team respond to requests for HR management information e.g. Board reports and ad hoc requests and ORGANISATION Information Returns.
• To be responsible for assessing new information requirements.
• To work with the HR team to ensure the implementation of the Organisation’s Human Resources and OD Strategies and Action Plans.
• To support and maintain available systems for consultation and negotiation arrangements with staff representatives.
• To work with staff representatives on specific issues as required.
• To encourage the engagement and involvement of staff and staff representatives in the reviewing, revision and development of employment policies and procedures.
• To act as a member of the relevant LAPF, supporting the LAPF and any other staff consultative forum.
Skills and Knowledge
• Decision making skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to liaise effectively with staff and managers at all levels of the organisation.
• Able to influence, negotiate and persuade others.
• Able to analyse and resolve problems speedily and effectively.
• Able to delegate effectively.
• Computer literate e.g. Microsoft windows, word and email applications.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Sound organisational skills
• Knowledge of recent employment legislation and experience of applying it in appropriate circumstances
• Two to three year experience of providing Human Resources advice to managers and staff that meets operational needs
• Managed multiple tasks and prioritised workload to match objectives.
• Experience of practical problem solving and solving complex HR problems.
• Experience of supervising staff.
• Experience of working as part of a team to meet shared goals.
• Empathetic approach.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to get things done in co-operation with others, and as part of a team.
• Able to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure at times and effective at working to deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and to use own initiative with appropriate.
• Ability to use discretion.
• Flexible and able to drive around Organisation.
Pay and Reward
• To advise Executive Directors and Organisation managers in the application of available reward and recognition systems.
• To have a good understanding of the Organisation’s payroll system. Liaising with them to ensure they provide a high quality of service.
Training and Development
• To work with Executive Directors and Organisation managers to develop and enhance their human resources knowledge and skills.
• To provide support and advice to members of the Human Resources team.
• To contribute to the Human Resources team, ensuring a high standard of advice and support within responsive timescales.
• To ensure the Organisation provides an HR representative on the corporate induction programmed for all staff.
• To develop and deliver presentation and training sessions for Organisation staff and managers.
• To contribute to the Organisation’s Business Plan to ensure that Human Resources issues are integral to the Organisation’s objectives and goals.
• To deputise for Senior HR Managers as appropriate. On occasion, attending meetings on behalf of Associate Director of HR as directed by them.
• To generate ideas and fully contribute to and implement the findings of any audit of Human Resource service undertaken.
• To manage HR advisers and HR Administrators in the Human Resources team.
• Authorised signatory for signing time sheets for casual workers and agency staff.