Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
To contribute to the delivery of a seamless and effective HR operational service, through the
provision of high quality administrative services. The HR Services Adviser is the first point of
contact for enquiries and therefore is an important role acting as an ambassador for the department and gateway for the service, responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
3. Triaging enquiries using judgement, experience and agreed protocols to determine when to refer on to specialist HR business teams as appropriate.
4. Interrogating HR IT systems where necessary to enable updates to be given to managers and staff as necessary, e.g: Electronic Staff Record (ESR), Oracle Learning Management (OLM), WIRED,
5. Advising staff and managers on accessing and interpreting the HR workforce information reports and systems
6. Advising staff on and / or resetting passwords for HR and e-learning systems where appropriate.
7. Establishing and maintaining strong “win-win” relationships with managers, staff and colleagues to enable the delivery of key goals.
• NVQ level 4 or equivalent level of skills/knowledge is required
• Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
• IT qualifications such as ECDL or equivalent level of computer
literacy using all Microsoft office packages
• Certificate in Human Resources Practice
• Working in a front facing customer services environment
• At least 1 year’s practical knowledge of HR systems
• Experience of using one or more HR systems
• Working knowledge of ESR (Employee staff record database system)
• Able to identify root cause of issue by appropriate questioning and
• Able to interpret guidelines/policies and procedures and
communicate advice in a clear pragmatic and concise manner
• Have a genuine interest working with and helping customers
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and interpersonal
• Ability to provide clear instruction, convey confidence and
patience with managers and staff and use questioning to check
• Ability to liaise with people at all levels of the organization
• Good telephone manner
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to deal with people in challenging situations
• Be well presented, polite, tactful and friendly
• Be numerate, lively and quick-thinking
• Be patient and calm
• Be able to handle complaints and difficult situations
• Understand computer systems
• Be able to interrogate and produce reports, update knowledge
• Demonstrates understanding of equality of opportunity and
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters appropriately
• Demonstrates an appreciation of and concern for quality, setting
high personal standards
• Demonstrates an ability to work well within a team and be a
positive team player
• Demonstrates respect for all colleagues at all times and
appreciation for their contribution
• Demonstrates commitment to the HR Services Team and HROD
Directorate, and an awareness of its direct contribution to the
• Knowledge of HR systems, policies and procedures
1. Providing the first point of contact for the service. To deal with all calls and general enquiries from staff and visitors in a courteous, confidential and sensitive manner with tact and diplomacy.
2. Providing first level advice on HR systems, policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment and signposting to policies and procedures, managers’ IT portals
Free Job Description HR Services Adviser
The HR Services Adviser will be responsible for logging
enquiries and resolving them as quickly as possible. They will do this by triaging and
answering/resolving enquiries or signposting to relevant sources of information, e.g.: policies
and procedures or specialist and HR business teams.
The post holder will be expected to understand issues concerning equality and diversity, how
this impacts in their role and across the organisation;
CRM / Enquiry logging system
8. Accurately logging all enquiries and updates onto the incident logging system in a timely
9. Monitoring progress on enquiries and chasing as necessary. To ensure Service Level
Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met, escalating where
necessary and deemed to be a risk to the HR Shared Services Manager.
10. Liaising with HR colleagues to ensure prompt action is taken to respond to enquiries.
11. Ensuring all enquiries are appropriately closed or escalating to the HR Shared Services
Manager where this is not possible.
12. Interrogating CRM to produce activity and dashboard data that can be used for
13. Developing and maintaining knowledge of whole range of HR services, policies and
procedures to ensure accurate and up-to-date advice is provided, within levels of
14. Keeping the HR intranet site pages updated and suggesting redesign where
15. As a result of activity data, own experience and customer feedback be proactive in
suggesting amendments to guidelines and protocols on CRM and HR intranet site,
and HR policies and procedures, for consideration and agreement by the HR Shared
16. Updating HR systems in an accurate and timely manner, referring on to the relevant
team as necessary to ensure information is recorded appropriately.
17. Maintaining written and electronic records accurately and in a timely manner, in line with
employment legislation, Data Protection guidance and HR best practice.
HR Services development / team member
1. To be familiar with and support the implementation of HR strategies and associated plans, policies and procedures.
2. To work in conjunction with colleagues and as directed by HR Shared Services Manager
to ensure adequate cover within and across the team during periods of annual leave,
sickness and fluctuations in workload. During these periods taking appropriate action to
ensure that work is dealt with in accordance with specified timeframes, using initiative to
ensure that all urgent and high priority matters are dealt with.
3. To contribute to the development and maintenance of effective office systems and
procedures to ensure the efficiency of the HR Services Team.
4. To participate in HROD Directorate and projects and service developments as
required and relevant to the post.
1. Plan and organise own work assessing priorities on a day to day basis and planning
ahead to meet ongoing schedule of strict deadlines.
2. Maintain high standards of confidentiality at all times in line with Departmental protocols
for the transfer of data by e mail, post and fax and verbal communications.
3. Identifies and takes personal responsibility for maintaining and developing (professional)
knowledge and expertise, agreeing and working towards the achievement of a Personal
4. All staff in the HR directorate are expected to continually strive for service
improvement to support business objectives.
5. Actively seeks cost reduction opportunities in all areas.
6. Any other duties may be required from time to time, which are consistent with the grade
and nature of the post.