Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
HR Services Team Manager job description
The postholder will be responsible for leading on establishing a centralised recruitment and transactional HR services for the Organisation.
The postholder will be responsible for the effective and efficient ‘best practice’ management of all transactional HR services including recruitment, contracts of employment, and payroll queries and as the service develops, the provision of basic HR advise.
• Manage the introduction of Integrated Identity Management and Smartcard administration to ensure the continued maintenance of the processes.
• Manage the HPC Registration requirements for all Paramedics within the Organisation.
• Manage implementation and ongoing management of the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) requirements.
• Manage implementation and ongoing management and co-ordination of on-line CRB system.
• Develop the use of e-Jobs, ensuring the Organisation is abreast of any changes that are made nationally and implement HR processes in line with any changes.
• Ensure that recruitment services promote the Organisation as an employer of choice and that they are compliant with all statutory legislation
• Manage the HR Services team to ensure timely recruitment and payroll related documentation and co-ordinate responses to requests for information and advice.
• Ensure that the recruitment process meets and maintains legal requirements
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to influence, negotiate and persuade others.
• Able to delegate effectively.
• Computer literate e.g. Microsoft windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email applications.
• Knowledge of recent employment legislation and experience of applying it in appropriate circumstances.
• Effective project management skills.
• Two to three years experience of providing Human Resources advice to managers and staff that meets operational needs.
• Demonstrable experience in improving HR Services.
• Experience of supervising, supporting and developing a team.
• Experience of practical problem solving and solving complex HR problems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure at times and effective at working to deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and to use own initiative.
• Able to develop effective working relationships and credibility with managers at all levels.
• Flexible and able to drive around Organisation and undertake the requirements/demands of a regional role.
• Empathetic and discrete approach.
The postholder will be responsible for the development, implementation and co-ordinating of all transactional HR processes in line with Organisation values and objectives, best practice HR, legislative compliance and national guidelines including those relating to Employment Check Standards, ISA and CRB requirements.
The postholder will be responsible for on-going enhancement and continuous improvement of the HR transactional and recruitment services and will undertake such projects to achieve this.
Day-to-day line management of the recruitment team in respect to their recruitment and selection, training and development, welfare, deployment, sickness absence management and grievance and disciplinary matters.
• Manage and co-ordinate all recruitment activity for the Organisation, including the creation of a centralised recruitment service that is aligned to strategy and ongoing needs of the organisation.
• Ensure that all recruitment activity is in line with the ORGANISATION Employment Check Standards, implementing changes to processes to ensure ongoing compliance.
• Develop a work programme aimed at demonstrating the Organisation’s commitment to Positive Action within the recruitment process, ensuring that recommendations and actions are implemented.
• Be the first point of contact for all recruitment and payroll related complaints and ensure that these are dealt with in a responsive, timely and professional manner. This will include, for example, communication with the complainant, investigation of the complaint and drafting a response either on behalf of or with the recruiting manager.
• Contribute to and implement recruitment related policies and procedures, the impact of which will be Organisation wide.
• Co-ordinate recruitment related administrative tasks through a team of recruitment administrators which will include, for example, the drafting of advertisements, shortlisting matrix, interview questions, preparation and issue of offer letters and contracts of employment.
• Suggest improvements and changes to Principal Statement of Terms and Conditions of Employment and Offer Letters, for example, in relation to changes in employment legislation.
• Lead on the development of the TrustOrganisation’s implementation of e-HR records.
• Develop and manage HR metrics in relation to recruitment and HR administration (and subsequently basic HR advice_, including the design of effective, user-friendly reports that produce information that it is useful to the organisation. This will include the ability to provide ad hoc reports in a timely manner as and when requested by the Senior Leadership Team.
• Develop and manage the provision of a basic HR telephone advice services to all managers and staff ensuring that the advice given is timely and in line with the Organisation’s Policies and Procedures and current employment legislation and best practice.
• Develop and deliver recruitment training to Organisation managers.
• Manage the response to payroll queries for all localities, liaising with the Organisation’s payroll providers to find effective solutions and ensuring that staff are communicated with in a timely manner and their query resolved to a satisfactory conclusion. This will include the management of recovery of overpayments.
• Participate in a working group on behalf of HR on ESR/GRS Development which will include the development of e-payroll returns and the development of ESR through to managers’ self-service.
• Review team performance and plan development opportunities within the PDR/KSF framework.
• Continually review the recruitment processes and highlight deficiencies and gaps within the service, then devise and implement appropriate changes.
• Develop action plans in response to recruitment and payroll related complaints received and manage processes to ensure that lessons are learnt and that actions are put in place to avoid repetition.
• Develop systems for analysing recruitment and payroll related complaints and customer feedback information, providing the organisation with meaningful reports that identify trends.
• The HR Services Team Manager will also be required to work flexibility across the wider HR Department and undertake employee relations casework when required, in line with the responsibilities of the department’s HR Business Partners.