Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Responsible for leading the professional area; bringing evidence-based practice into the
organisation and addressing the people challenges for their area of expertise;
Support organisation effectiveness by developing and implementing solutions aligned to strategy;
4) Work closely with all People colleagues to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement and ultimately improve performance.
5) Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of tools and policies and understand the landscape for further improvement.
6) Provide expert input across a range of HR issues (generalist / specific expertise); Design and deliver high impact solutions that meet the needs of the business.
7) Coach and build the capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organisational issues.
8) Participate in relevant projects, leading and championing as appropriate the reputation as a world class organisation and employer of choice.
9) Keep up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly.
10) Continuously drive improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight and internal best practice.
11) Proactively share best practice, intelligence and potential pan-company activities within HR function.
12) Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for innovations and opportunities to form partnerships.
13) Understand and anticipate the need for change, diagnose the underlying issues and build the case for change with stakeholders. Build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios ad options to mitigate.
14) Be an ambassador for the function and represent the HR internally and externally (as appropriate).
Best practice organisations
HR Specialist Teams
HR Service Centre
Business Leaders /Managers
KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced IT skills
RSA III/NVQ 3 or equivalent.
Trained and experienced at intermediate level in a range of software packages
Good standard of English & Numerate
Advanced secretarial skills such as audio and voice recognition software
At least 2/3 years experience in a secretarial environment
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
The ability to organise and prioritise own workload within any specified guidelines where guidance
is not readily available, but at set intervals
Proficient in diary management co-ordinating appointments to ensure best use of Managers’ time
Experience of transcribing formal minutes of meetings.
Independent/lone working and team working skills
Experience of adapting to change and managing work in a changing environment
Evidence of ability to be flexible and show initiative, sensitivity and enthusiasm to work
Free job description HRBP People Development
1) Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the company and Divisional
/People strategy and objectives
2) Use and understand People tools and policies, engaging with Divisional clients effectively to ensure their use across the organisation.
3) Drive consistency of approach in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current and future organisational needs
Lead the HR vision, including role modelling great personal and team leadership and taking an active
role in ensuring the HR Operating Model is embedded successfully
Desirable - MCIPD, or equivalent educational achievement (Level 7) plus experience.
Relevant HR experience (generalist or specialist) gained in large complex organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders (including matrix relationships)’;
Knowledge of current thinking in Human Resources issues and trends and evidence of Continuing
Extensive experience of operating in a business partner model, working with local managers to create
positive business outcomes.
Skills and Competencies:
Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the
Communicates challenges and influences a variety of stakeholders effectively. Ability to present sound
and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade
people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change;
Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Is able to understand and
appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements
of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job
Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or
when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by
commitment and motivation;
Able to simplify complex problems processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate
them systematically. Able to identify causal relationships, and construct frameworks, for decision making
and problem-solving. Transforms proposals/ideas into practical reality;
The HRBP (People Development) is a role within a Specialist Team that provides deep expertise and thought
leadership, developing frameworks and policies that enable the achievement of organisational
strategy and objectives. The role will typically be aligned to a Division.
This role will identify with Divisional capability requirements and align strategy, talent, and processes
to optimise effectiveness and achieve organisation performance goals. The role will design interventions to
drive the appropriate culture, behaviours, skills, and performance and drive the strategic ambitions now and in
Job specific accountabilities:
1. To have a general understanding of the Division to which they are aligned and accountable for the
divisional relationships with HRD, HRBP and Divisional Boards for People Development.
2. As well as an alignment to a Division the role will be a pan-company specialist (subject matter expert) in at
least one of the following topics:
a. Talent identification, mobility and development,
b. Leadership development
c. People management development
d. Performance and Career Pathway,
e. Organisational development,
f. Organisational design and change.
For these areas the HRBP owns the strategy; assesses requirements; aligns with wider
HR strategy; creates the business case; engagement and change management for
implementation; builds the intervention frameworks, tools, policy and measurements of success.
3. To commission new People Development requirements with the Academy (objectives, high
level design, timeframes, measures of success).
4. To identify people development needs within the division and coordinate delivery through Academy
5. To support the Division to undertake regular OD health-checks (organisation diagnostics) and may
facilitate Divisional learning events as necessary.
6. To work with Academy Partners and Resourcing Managers to develop an approach to mobility,
succession and career development that meets the Division’s needs.
7. To contribute to the design and development a suite of best practice tools that enable the organisation
to manage our people effectively.
Job specific experience:
1. Extensive experience of establishing and embedding talent processes that create positive business
2. Knowledge of current thinking in relation to leadership, talent and performance management