Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Human Factors job description
• Relevant undergraduate academic qualification in appropriate field, i.e. psychology or suitable engineering degree
• Additional post-graduate degree, training or experience in human factors
• Member of the Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, or the British Psychology Society, or suitable engineering chartership (or eligible for membership)
• Clean UK drivers licence
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
• Knowledge and experience of a broad range of human factors principles and methods, and their role and application within major hazard industries, particularly nuclear
Provision of HF support to large engineering design projects, at all stages of the design cycle
• Well-developed project management, commercial and business development skills
• Good technical report writing ability and presentation skills
• Knowledge of nuclear safety principles, standards and regulation would be beneficial
• Experience in several of the following technical areas is essential:
- Human factors assessments in support of nuclear safety cases and periodic safety reviews
- System, equipment and interface design
- Early human factors analysis and human factors integration
- Human error and reliability assessment
- Design of training and procedure systems
- Root cause analysis, incident investigation, operational experience systems
- Organisational issues including safety culture assessment and enhancement, and management of change
• Previous experience in a technical leadership role would be beneficial
to manage and participate in a wide variety of Human Factors consultancy projects for clients in the nuclear (defence, new build, existing stations, waste management and decommissioning) and oil and gas sectors; to build and maintain client relationships including regulators, nuclear licence holders and other major hazard companies, government bodies and agencies; and to carry out marketing and tendering activities
• Deliver HF projects - plan and manage own work and that of others to meet technical, budget and programme requirements. Projects may include HF support to large engineering design projects analyses in support of safety cases, audits and evaluations, complex HF research and development projects and delivery of HF training
• Marketing - identify and respond to opportunities, liaise with other business groups within company, prepare and deliver presentations and other marketing materials (e.g.brochures), contribute to HF business development strategy and plans
• Tendering - prepare tenders including scoping and costing HF projects or HF components of multidisciplinary projects
• Develop and maintain internal and external client relationships, through informal networking, formal meetings and conferences and by monitoring developments in the HF field
• Assist in the development of the HF team through mentoring graduate and junior HF staff, maintaining contacts with university groups and professional organisations, and assisting with recruitment activities