Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Human Resources Assistant Job Description
• To provide a comprehensive and high quality Human Resources (HR) service to managers and staff within the Organisation.
• To provide an efficient, effective and proactive recruitment service to the Organisation’s managers and to applicants, ensuring deadlines are met and service standards are maintained.
• To work as part of the overall HR Team, providing cover as necessary for other colleagues with the HR Department.
Recruitment and Selection
• To act as a first point of advice for recruitment enquiries from Manager’s within the Organisation and potential applicants.
• To participate in the complete end-to-end recruitment and selection process for all specified posts. Ensuring that all the administration associated with the processing of this recruitment process is carried out in a timely fashion, both for e-recruitment and within the manual system; including the checking of job descriptions and person specifications, compiling and placing advertisements, sending out application packs, preparing shortlisting and interview packs, inviting applicants to interview, regret letters, pre-employment checks, offer letters, and contracts of employment.
• To draft and place advertisements in accordance with Organisation guidelines and the HR Manager (Recruitment) and to liaise with the Organisation’s advertising agency on a regular basis.
• To ensure a consistent and effective process from the recruitment and appointment of all new staff through to their commencement of employment.
• To advise managers on the Organisation’s Honorary Contract processes.
• To participate in the complete end-to-end honorary contract process for all specified posts. Ensuring that all the administration
associated with the processing of these contracts is carried out in a timely fashion; including the checking of job descriptions, sending out the appropriate check documents to the individual, adding honorary contracts to ESR, and compiling the honorary contract.
Conditions of Service
• To update and maintain the Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions of Service, and other reference material used by the Human Resource Directorate.
• To provide advice to managers and staff on Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions.
• To deal with queries from managers and staff and to advise them on the Organisation’s Human Resources policies and procedures, e.g. maternity leave entitlements and annual leave.
• To provide accurate advice and use initiative in dealing with a full range of Human Resources issues, including maternity leave, issuing contracts of employment and amendments to contract, and payroll documentation.
• To develop close working relationships both within the Directorate and within the Organisation – particularly within Finance, to ensure that pay queries are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously.
• To participate in, and advise on, the management of sickness absence within the Organisation as required, in accordance with the Organisation’s Sickness Absence Policy and Procedure.
• To arrange and attend meetings as deemed appropriate by the Human Resources Managers, and to take notes, if and when required.
• To be familiar with, and make effective use of the Electronic Staff Records (ESR) Personnel and Payroll Computer System. To amend the personal details of members of staff on ESR when required.
• To be familiar with, and make effective use of software packages including Word, Excel, Databases, E-mail, Internet, Intranet, and e-recruitment packages such as ORGANISATION Jobs.
• To ensure that the office and telephones are covered at all times in the working day.
• To answer telephone enquiries on a range of Human Resources issues promptly and efficiently, assisting where possible and relaying messages as appropriate or directing the enquiries to the appropriate individual.
• To provide cross-cover for colleagues within the HR Team as require.
• To open the post on a daily basis and ensure it is distributed amongst the team.
• To ensure personal callers to the HR department and telephone queries are treated promptly, courteously and professionally at all times.
• To ensure that all correspondence and documents are accurately and efficiently prepared and dispatched on time.
• To ensure that all correspondence and documents are regularly and accurately filed appropriately, and that filing systems are efficiently maintained.
• To look for, suggest, and implement service improvements at all times; auditing the working practices within the HR department and proposing changes where necessary to streamline processes and deliver on system efficiencies.
• To use initiative to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines and objectives.
• To supervise junior staff as required.
• To participate in, and undertake, ad hoc projects and other tasks as and when required.
• To assist the HR Manager (Recruitment) to deliver the Organisation’s Recruitment and Selection training to managers within the Organisation. To provide advice and support as necessary throughout the duration of the training days.
• To participate in the delivery of the HR department’s marketplace during the Organisation Induction programme. To provide advice and support as necessary during this marketplace.
• To carry out the administration of, and provide advice on, the Organisation’s Child Care Vouchers scheme.
• In liaison with the Payroll department, to produce sickness letters to advise members of staff when their sick pay entitlement is coming to an end.
• To produce confirmation of employment letters for members of staff when requested.
• Experience within a busy office or administrator role, carrying an independent workload
• Experience of working effectively as a team member
• Experience of working in a busy deadline oriented role/environment
• Experience of dealing with customers and addressing their queries
Knowledge & Skills
• An understanding of current recruitment issues
• An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities
• An understanding of confidentiality
• Computer literate, including experience with Word, Excel, and Databases
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Organising and prioritising skills
• Knowledge of our business and how HR can support patient care
• Customer focused
• Creative thinker
• Proactive with a ‘Can Do’ approach to work and customers
• Flexible attitude to work commitments
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
• To advise managers and keep them up-to-date throughout the recruitment process, ensuring the advice given is in accordance with the Organisation’s Recruitment and Selection Procedure/Policy and current employment legislation.
• To apply for, and liaise with the UK Boarder Agency for certificates of sponsorship (formerly known as work permits) for potential staff and the renewal/extension of sponsorship for established members of staff.
• To liaise with professional bodies to check the professional registration of candidates, alerting the HR Manager (Recruitment) to any anomalies.
• To process Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks for successful candidates.
• To record equal opportunities data from the recruitment process and assist the HR Manger (Recruitment) with the reporting of this data to interested stakeholders.
• To participate in recruitment initiatives such as job fairs and in recruitment campaigns following corporate advertising as required and arranged within the Organisation.
articipate in the interview process, and to ensure that the advice given to managers is consistent with the Recruitment and Selection Procedure/Policy and current employment legislation.
• To arrange sign language interpreters for interviews, if appropriate.
• To arrange for, and undertake the signing on of new staff to the Electronic Staff Records (ESR) system in accordance with local procedures.