Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
ICT Service Desk Analyst job description
Responsible for the provision of first and second level telephone, e-mail, face-to-face and remote desktop support, instruction and training to ICT users. The Post holder will be responsible for ensuring the provision and receipt of complex and sensitive information on ICT matters, logging ICT SD fault calls and ensuring the information is processed in accordance with policies and procedures. The post holder will be responsible for delivering the performance results set by the ICT SD Analyst Team Leader but they will have the freedom to determine how these are best achieved.
Specific Service Desk Responsibilities
• Provide and receive simple to complex information, fault diagnoses, rectification, upgrade, installation and configuration of PC hardware or software, laptop, PDA, printer, scanner, barcode PC peripheral and telecommunication problems for users
• Ensures specialist or complex IM&T information is analysed, investigated and processed in accordance with policies and procedures and recorded as fault logs within the Magic SD software
• Give expert technical advice and assistance to users, departments and departmental system managers
• Maintain user IT accounts and system rights for networked and clinical systems in accordance with the weekly rota
• Maintenance of computer hardware e.g. desktops & printers
• Reset passwords and transfer/accept accounts for users of NHS Net e-mail
• Input and manipulate data and information within Magic SD database, Active Directory and other databases as required
• Plan tasks and organise activities, some ongoing, to ensure that all the requirements of the JD are met. Make adjustments accordingly due to variable workloads, interruptions and staff shortages
Specific Other Responsibilities
• Facilitate and manage resources to deliver a comprehensive ICT support service to the organisation
• Ensure SLA’s are assigned to all faults and strictly adhered to
• Responsible for liaising with external contractors with regard to the repair and maintenance of equipment
• Occasionally undertake IM&T system testing including applications and hardware
• Undertake training, as required to fulfil identified roles within the departmental area.
• Implement and comment on policies, service changes or working practices that will impact at departmental and organisational level
• Be aware of calls from users of ‘non-standard’ systems and apply appropriate procedures to assist them if possible and endeavour to convert them to ‘approved user’ status.
Minimum educational qualifications:
• Educated to a minimum of HND
• Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
Experience and knowledge:
• Experience of Microsoft Desktop and Network Operating Systems (XP, W7, Vista, Office 2003,2007,2010), Active Directory and Desktop hardware, in particular Dell. Good knowledge of Networking protocols TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS.
• Intelligence based on analytical and complex technical problem-solving skills
• Experience working in a team
• Experience working in a complex computer network environment within the organisation
• Experience of working on complex ICT projects
• Presentation to a group of staff
• In depth knowledge of the functioning of the IT Systems
Professional, technical or innovative skills:
• Ability to provide and present information ranging from simple to complex to an audience of any size that will contain listeners of differing levels of understanding and seniority
• Ability to analyse, investigate and resolve simple to complex IM&T queries
• Hardware Network, Servers and Desktop equipment configuration and general hardware management for the organisation
• Ability to accurately produce written documents relating to support procedures
• Ability to work with and deliver within a fixed timescale
• Willingness and technical ability to ‘roll-up the shirt sleeves’ and deliver
• Communication skills – the ability to communicate clearly and effectively within the local organisation at all levels of understanding
• Ability to manage and undertake formal testing activities
• A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
• Ability to maintain a calm, rational and organised approach to tasks when under pressure
• Requirement to concentrate for long periods when answering queries from staff, analysing data and developing systems
• Use of a VDU and keyboard to a high degree of accuracy and skill