Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
• To provide first and second line technical hardware and software support including Microsoft Office, HISS and Clinical applications, involving installing equipment and software, maintaining and supporting services, and advising on specification and configuration of equipment to the users of the Organisation’s ICT network
Experience and work achievements
• Experience in supporting end user and desktop IT Systems to enhance service provision.
• Experience in delivery of technical support against organisational needs.
• Experience of the safe and appropriate use of desktop IT Systems and equipment.
Skills and abilities
• Must be able to demonstrate strong keyboard and data entry / manipulation skills.
• Must hold a full Driving License.
• Must be flexible with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload from a given set of tasks.
• Must be able to communicate with end users on IT related topics.
• Must have the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
• Must have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Must be able to demonstrate commitment to continuous self development
• Demonstrable examples of identifying opportunities to deliver service improvements.
Knowledge and educational achievements
• Must have a basic understanding and knowledge in PC hardware configuration
• Must be competent in the basic use and installation of standard Microsoft desktop applications and operating systems.
• Minimum of GCSE level education in relevant area or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• Experience in a similar helpdesk environment
ICT Technician job description
• To participate in a system of second line rotation so that, over time, expertise is acquired in all areas of the Organisation, and with all associated equipment and systems, including local departmental systems
• Through regular rotation, to spend dedicated time working in a project environment, designed to increase the level of expertise of the post holder, and to advance the use of ICT systems and services in the Organisation
• To participate when required in a rota to provide support cover outside normal office hours
• To provide documentation of procedures for the installation and support of desktop systems, applications both Organisation wide and local, and associated equipment
• To monitor, progress, and escalate fault reports in line with departmental procedures
• To work with the Senior Technician in developing, implementing and maintaining best practice in delivery of ICT services, and reflecting these as appropriate in Organisation policies and procedures for ICT
• To provide advice to users regarding relevant PC and Networking technology, leading to the specification and ordering of solutions
Supplier Contact Responsibilities
• To assist in the specification of new equipment and supplies
• To examine and research user’s requests for ICT solutions, liaising as necessary with managers and specialist staff, and ensuring compatibility with Organisation Policies and Procedures
• To liaise with external suppliers of equipment, software and services, to ensure appropriate service, support and guidance is provided for Organisation equipment and services, in accordance with contracted levels of service
• To provide first and second line technical hardware and software support, involving the installation, configuration, administration, documentation and maintenance of desktop systems and associated equipment
• To assist in the development and maintenance of operational and support procedures covering the technician’s areas of responsibility
• To provide a ‘second line’ technical support service for desktop systems, in accordance with Service Level Agreements, or with other team targets as appropriate
• To take full responsibility for a designated area of the Organisation, working largely without direct supervision, and managing and prioritising own workload
• Through rotation, to provide staffing to the Service Desk function, providing a technically proficient telephone based ‘first line’ response to customer queries and problems
• To participate in ICT projects, contributing technical input, and participating when required as a full time project team member, or as a project leader according to the needs of the project
• To provide supervision, training and guidance as required to temporary staff (this is a frequent requirement), and to newly recruited junior staff
• To cover for colleagues as required
• To cover for Development Technicians as required, being prepared to work at a higher level of technical responsibility during these periods
• To keep up to date with technological changes in the ICT industry, and to develop new skills in response to these, and in accordance with the Organisation’s ICT strategy
• To provide technical expertise and advice to colleagues in the ICT department, and to ICT users throughout the Organisation, in the identification and resolution of problems, and in the development of services
• To be courteous, patient and tactful at all times, and to exercise the highest standards of customer care
• All employees are subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and must maintain strict confidentiality in respect of patient and staff records.
• All employees have a responsibility under the Organisation’s Health and Safety Policy, to be aware of and conform to the policy, ensuring all health and safety rules are adhered to and ensuring that all accidents, incidents, near misses, damages and irregularities are documented and reported to a Manager in accordance with Organisation policy.
• All employees must comply with the Organisation’s Harassment and Bullying Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy.
• This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and it may be reviewed and altered in the light of changed service needs and developments after discussion with the postholder.