Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Income Finance Manager Job Description
To produce the Organisation’s monthly income reports in accordance with the Organisation’s reporting timetables. To report complete in depth analysis of the Organisation income and activity. To ensure that Organisation Income is correctly recorded in statutory returns. To produce robust and comprehensive income forecasts. To ensure that monthly invoices are raised in respect of billing of Service Agreements in accordance with relevant timetables. To calculate the Service Agreement and Non Contract Agreement over/under performance. To ensure education and training income is appropriately invoiced and reported. To critically review reporting arrangements and working processes and make recommendation to meet changes in the environment and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Income Reporting, Analysis and Monitoring
1. To produce the Organisation’s monthly income reports in accordance with the Organisation’s reporting timetables. To produce the income section of the Organisation board report.
2. To analyse Clinical Income using the Service level Agreement Monitoring (SLAM) system and ensure the analysis is accurately reflected within the Organisations Income position.
3. To complete in depth SLAM analysis to identify income under /over performance against plan for Clinical Academic Unit (CAU)s/ Divisions and ensure that the under/over performance is appropriately allocated to divisions.
4. To support the production of clinical income reports to be incorporated within the Service Line Reporting (SLR).
5. To complete the Income element of statutory returns and ensure that such returns have an appropriate audit trail.
6. To liaise with Divisional Finance staff and senior management to support the production of robust and comprehensive income forecasts.
7. To reconcile changes in Education and Training funding and ensure changes in funding are reflected to the relevant CAUs and divisions on a timely basis.
17. To critically review current working procedures/processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the process within the Organisation ensuring the maximum recovery of income.
18. To aid in the review and maintenance of the Organisation’s costing model the production of SLR and Reference Costs.
19. To take responsibility for Corporate financial issues and Organisation-wide projects as and when required.
20. To provide training to relevant staff on core topics such as the impact of Payment By Results, Relationship between Income and activity.
21. To line manage the income accountants and ensure that both are developed professionally and personally including performance reviews, appraisals, PDPs, objective setting and assisting in CPD.
22. To aid in the support and develop the Commissioning, Costing and Income Finance team professionally and personally.
23. To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act with regard to the confidentiality of personal information and patient confidentiality.
24. To undertake any other duties as required which are consistent with the grade and nature of the post.
25. To promote and lead by example the professional standards set by the Finance Directorate.
26. To deputise for senior staff members where appropriate.
1. To be responsible for the on going development of the professional services provided by the income function and to implement in full any recommendations form the Organisation board/ senior Management to enhance the delivery of advice and support
2. To provide financial support for the annual and ongoing commissioning process including regular engagement with the relevant Divisions, PCTs, SHAs and clinical networks.
3. To support the production and collation of the Organisation annual budget setting and planning process in relation to income.
4. To assist in the development of the Organisation Budget Holder financial training and accreditation process and policy. To be responsible for the ongoing development of the professional financial service delivered to the Divisions and to implement in full any recommendations from the Organisation Board to further enhance the delivery of financial advice and support.
5. To make recommendations on improving financial control within the Finance Directorate and Organisation and, if approved, responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of new practice. To recommend improvements and changes to local working practices.
6. To continuously improve and develop the team ensuring that at all times the team is striving to achieve the highest levels of customer service performance.
7. To promote and assist the Finance Directorate in the development of good practices for Finance staff training, recruitment and retention.
8. To undertake risk analysis to ascertain the impact to the Organisation of future changes in tariff, commissioning currency or other potential changes within wider ORGANISATION financial environment.
9. To produce comprehensive year end reports/ working papers in adherence to the ORGANISATION Manual of Accounts to meet requirements of External Audit.
10. To provide expert financial advice to colleagues from across the Organisation in relation to Income related issues.
11. To critically review reporting arrangements within the section and make recommendation to better meets the changing needs of users of the information.
12. To work together with commissioning colleagues to establish robust annual Income budgets during the business planning process
13. To ensure that monthly invoices are raised in respect of Service Agreements and Category C Income in accordance with relevant timetables.
14. To calculate the Service Agreement and Non Contract Agreement over/under performance invoices/ credit notes in adherence to DH timetable.
15. To ensure that all invoices have appropriate supporting information and that queries are answered promptly.
16. To liaise with Accounts Receivable section to ensure invoices are raised correctly.
Good basic education
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Qualified CCAB, Minimum 3yrs PQE. Candidates qualified by experience will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Ability to manage a team of staff to produce monthly financial statements and reports and ensure the Trust strict financial timetables are adhered to
Ability to produce complex detailed monthly financial reports to manage performance against plan
Ability to manage the control of budgets
Able to work with non-finance managers and clinicians
Ability to analyse, interpret and utilise complex information for reporting, forecasting, costing and planning purposes
Ability to recruit and develop staff and identify and deliver on training needs
Computer and financial modelling skills
Outstanding numerical, written and verbal skills
3 Years Financial Management experience preferable in an acute environment
Two years experience in a management position
Managing and recruiting staff
Experience in using computerised financial systems as well as PC based facilities such as spreadsheets, databases etc
Costing services and business case planning
Presenting complex financial information to Senior Management
KNOWLEDGE Business planning
NHS financial regime
Payment by Results (PBR) Guidance, NHS Costing Manual, Reference Cost Guidance. Service line Reporting