Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
IT Analyst job description
To manage and resolve IT faults logged with the IT Service Desk
• 1-2 years experience in an IT environment providing technical support.
• Knowledge of windows operating system.
• Knowledge of Active Directory.
• Knowledge of E-mail Systems – Domino or Exchange.
• Knowledge of the MS Office desktop applications.
• Understanding of computer networks and protocols.
• Knowledge of server systems and services.
• Change - Being able to respond positively to Company change programmes and to any necessary changes within own job.
• Communication - Ability to deal easily and effectively with a wide range of people. Willingly share knowledge and feedback with other team members.
• Continuous Improvement - Continuously strive to improve the performance of self and others, and use innovative methods to achieve this.
• Customer Focus - Understand and meet the needs of customers – internal and external - as appropriate.
• Personal Effectiveness - Have the capacity to change and improve and display high levels of personal credibility and integrity. The ability and determination to build and maintain excellent working relationships based on a demonstrated respect for others and a willingness to work co-operatively.
• Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
Nice to have:
• Further education qualification (e.g. HNC, HND, BSc).
• IT industry recognised qualification (e.g. MCP, MCSE).
• Knowledge of rapid deployment tools – SMS, Ghost.
• Resolve service desk requests.
• Update the IT management databases.
• Perform some department admin duties.
• Respond to system failures.
• Manage the priority of service desk requests.
• Procure IT services, hardware and software as required.
• Create and maintain procedures for new and existing processes.
• Identify training for themselves and others.
• Train and assist their peers with new technologies, applications and processes.
• Take part in an on call service.
• During IT Admin Assistance absence – Monitor the service desk for new cases during office hours and assist with answering service desk phone.