Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
To work alongside the ICT Project Manager, being jointly responsible for the timely delivery of a range of projects involving changes or developments to ways of working within the organisation. Including the identification of business needs, organisational/process strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement and determining/driving the execution of the relevant and agreed solutions to these business problems
The post holder will need to communicate with clarity and confidence in a variety of situations, e.g. presenting business cases, reports on progress through verbal, written reports and presentations to directors and project boards, informing members about new ways of working, conveying technical detail of projects to non-technical staff both clinical and non-clinical.
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent
• Evidence of continuing personal development
• PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent
• Knowledge of and competence in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Microsoft Project, Excel
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
• Proven in-depth technical understanding of business analysis methodologies
• Experience in presenting formally to management groups
• Demonstrable experience of working with a variety of users at all levels within the organisation
• Experience of process mapping
• Experience of people related project change management frameworks
• Demonstrable experience of rapidly gaining understanding of more than one complex area and ability to interpret and identify relevant/improved ways of working
• Experience of preparing business cases
• Experience of tracking benefit realisation targets
• Experience of the full project life cycle
• Demonstrable understanding of Health settings and information systems
• Proven ability to manage work within tight deadlines
• Ability to review best practice and execute as appropriate within the Trust
• Ability to plan and organise complex activities across a number of programmes or areas, and adjust plans or strategies accordingly
• Able to regularly undertake research and development into business analysis techniques and make subsequent recommendations to line manager
• Able to be the lead specialist on certain projects, interpreting national policy and it’s impact on those projects
IT Business Analyst job description
They will have well-developed negotiating skills and be able to build relationships with, and influence, a range of people at various levels across the organisation [cont below]
The Business Analyst will be expected to work closely and harmoniously with all IT team members and other staff from within the organisation, and suppliers of systems in order to facilitate collaborative working, and mutually beneficial solutions to problems. This will include formulating a communications approach that will engage all stakeholders to maximise the use of existing resources and identify opportunities
The post holder will have direct contact with:
• All levels of staff
• Non Executive and Executive Directors
• External Agencies and Suppliers
• Procurement and Supplies staff
To assimilate, manage and communicate a wide range of information, some of which will be complex and may involve matters relating to individual staff, or matters of commercial confidence. The dissemination of technical information in a complex form needs to be translated into an appropriate format for users of different skill-levels
To work as the liaison between the business side of the company and the IT Team, negotiating project requirements and monitor key commercial developments, identifying, managing or escalating commercial disputes, as appropriate
Ensure projects are aligned with Information Communications Technology Strategy
Lead on proposal and implementation of new policies and procedures aligned with opportunities identified during the projects lifecycle
Ensure projects are compliant with the agreed Business Analysis frameworks ensuring that process maps and full business/functional requirements are produced, and agreed for all relevant IT projects
To analyse, document and propose solutions for large and/or complex business areas and to prepare functional specifications and to assist in the preparation of user and system test plans
Supports, facilitates and monitors project progress within and across site(s)
To work closely with other project managers/business analysts and service improvement to identify and manage the dependencies, interfaces and potential problems of other projects within the organisation work programme that will have an impact on deliver
Ensure the effective use of software packages such as Microsoft Office and Project
Collecting, understanding, and transmitting the business requirements for the project, and translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans
Analyse and document business processes
Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from client on the specifications
To provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle
To design and execute user test scenarios and test scripts
Day to day management of change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met
Prepare business cases where appropriate, setting out requirements, proposing solutions and seeking approval for projects
Maintain regular consultation and engagement with all relevant stakeholders
Organise and prioritise own workload within agreed objectives and that of the project team. Works autonomously within agreed project parameters (usually defined by project manager and agreed with the project board and Senior Responsible Owner)
The post holder will be required from time to time to undertake duties and attend functions outside normal working hours
To drive an ongoing cycle of process improvement and contribute to business analysis best practice
To implement the relevant degree of change management by individual project to ensure that any implementation is sustainable
To report and escalate issues around requirements and functionality delivery, as appropriate, to the Project Delivery Manager
This job is important to the organisation moving forward with new developments particularly with regard to achieving a more electronically enabled environment