Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
IT Data Quality Analyst job description
The role of the IT Data Quality Analyst is to own, manage, investigate, and resolve data quality issues in the CRM and associated Systems, via matching, integration, merging and deletion, while safeguarding against data loss. This individual is also expected to take a lead in preventing data quality issues by identifying frequent user errors, and working with business units to strengthen user competence.
• Identify and ensure the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
• In conjunction with the Database Marketing, devise, coordinate, and conduct mass data-cleansing initiatives for the purpose of purging and eliminating corrupt, duplicate or redundant information from corporate databases.
• Identify causes of poor data quality, implement solutions and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
• Develop and enforce methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data quality and accuracy at the point of entry.
• Work collaboratively with the system developers to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems from multiple points.
• provide re-useable and flexible queries and data extract programs to business units
• Perform data profiling on a regular basis, and generate data quality statistics. The results of these audits should be communicated to business owner of the data and tied into service level agreements (SLAs) between data entry personnel, IT, and the appropriate business units.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols, and standards that will support the data management strategy.
To ensure the maintenance of professional standards and the co-ordination of work with the common aims of the Division and the overall objectives of CIPFA
To ensure that all responsibilities are carried out under relevant health and safety legislation
To undertake such other functions and responsibilities as are required from time to time.
Identification and participation in ad hoc projects to improve the efficiency and quality of services provided by the IT department
Maintenance of relationships with third party suppliers and internal group departments
Maintain and update skills and knowledge.
Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of service level agreements and minimum service levels provided to other departments.
To promote quality on all support activities, acting as a role model for other less experienced team members.
Travel to offices in the UK may be necessary.
To support, provide cover for and deputise for the IT Database Support Manager where necessary.
Strong customer service orientation
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to conduct research into data issues and as required
Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
Highly self motivated and directed
Keen attention to detail
Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
A good standard of education to GCSE or equivalent. Essential
MSDBA/MCP certified Desirable
Holds an additional relevant professional body qualification or accreditation (for example ITIL). Desirable
Excellent knowledge of Transact SQL for extracting and updating SQL data and tables
Good knowledge of de-duping tools such as SISS, MatchIT and addressing cleansing tools such as AFD & QAS
Excellent technical knowledge of Excel
Strong understanding of data entry/update best practices
Extensive experience using the internet for research
Good understanding of relational databases
Good understanding of data reporting tools such as MS Query and crystal reports
Good understanding of data security and protection principles
Understanding of ITIL guidelines and how they can be practically applied to data management
Logical with excellent attention to detail
Excellent analytical skills
Customer focused and keen on exceeding expectations
Professional in tense or challenging situations
Good inter-personal skills at all levels of contact
Ability to prioritize and manage workload (both your own and others)