Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Enable promote and support the effective use of data, information, knowledge and technology to support and improve delivery
Ensure the organisation has the required cost effective systems, information and technology services needed.
The IT Project Manager will provide project management to assist the Senior IT Project Manager deliver a portfolio of IT projects, identified as part of the organisation’s IT plans, delivering within budget, scope and on target. This will involve the production of plans, documentation and guidance for project teams throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring all organisational procedures are adhered to, objectives are identified and met, and benefits realised from the implementation of new or existing technology.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Management and / or informatics qualification.
• Prince2 Project Management at Practitioner level
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years experience of project management, planning and implementation using industry standard project methodologies.
• A minimum of 2 years experience of working at senior management level.
• • Evidence of significant success as a Project Manager and change management in workforce strategies in a national organisation or similar.
• A sound technical knowledge probably gained from working in a direct IT environment
• In-depth technical knowledge of database
• Good understanding of networking techniques and their application
• Knowledge of application interfacing and integration
• Abreast of current technology development, standards and their applications
• Working with 3rd party suppliers
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and ability to use other systems, as required
Job Description IT Project Manager
Working within the delegated limits and tolerances set by the Project Board and Senior IT Project Manager the IT Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day to day basis and will:
Provide project management (PRINCE2), support and guidance in conjunction with the agreed project planning methodology to a series of small to medium scale projects (IT and non IT related). This will include responsibilities in the following areas throughout the project lifecycle:
a) Start up phase
• Development of a business case (if appropriate), including option appraisal and preferred option, full project costs, high level benefits, resource plan etc.
• Identify and understand procurement processes to be followed (if appropriate)
• Production of a full technical specification capturing operational requirements for system selection (if appropriate).
b) Initiation & planning phases
• Provide effective leadership to the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and that their skills and experience are developed.
• Facilitate a series of meetings and workshops to identify project objectives and scope
• Facilitate a series of benefits identification sessions and benefits realisation planning sessions and ensure benefit ownership is agreed
• Facilitate a series of planning sessions to develop the overall project plan and if necessary the detailed stage plan ensuring that the plan includes processes and procedures so that systems are tested adequately before system acceptance
The IT Project Manager will also advise and support the Senior IT Project Manager on a broad range of technical and project tasks, highlighting issues, developing options-based solutions and taking appropriate actions to ensure successful results.
Maintain a good understanding of the strategic direction for IT within the organisation and the national strategic agenda for IT. This will include keeping up to date with implementation programme(s) and its impact on local developments.
Prince2 consultancy and planning support
Provide Prince2 Project Management consultancy and planning support to senior management to assist with their delivery of business objectives. This will involve working closely with Managers, other staff groups to assist with the:
• Identification of business needs
• Creation of MS Project Plans
• Support with Prince2 understanding and use of Project templates
• Facilitate a full risk assessment with project team members and other key stakeholders producing the risk log that will be maintained throughout the project
• Draft a project initiation document in line with agreed template for PID production
• Assist in the identification of project costs, timescales, resources etc
• Produce project Gantt charts using Microsoft Project
• Establish and maintain electronic filing and configuration management systems for identified projects in line with departmental standards.
• Schedule Project Board & team meetings and provide administrative support for project meetings for duration of project
c) Managing & controlling stages
• Update project/stage plans with progress after team/checkpoint meetings
• Produce Highlight Reports for the Project Board
• Manage the issue & risk logs
• Manage changes to the project
• Produce exception reports as necessary
• Produce stage report and plans for next stage (if necessary)
• Update systems and track project costs
d) Project Closure
• Support project closure and assist with the production of benefits realisation reports
• Produce post implementation review plans and documents if appropriate
• Manage the transition to live by ageeing project handover to operational teams in a manner consistent with the working practices and requirements of those areas
e) Post implementation review
• Schedule post implementation review and provide administrative support for the meeting
• Agree responsibility for management of full benefits realisation and operational reporting requirements within the agreed timescales
• Produce Stakeholder analysis
• Produce Lessons Learnt report
• Produce End Project Report
• Produce Post Implementation Review report (if required)
Project Support Office procedures
• Adhere to project management standards and processes within the Department by utilising templates, and standard documents.
• Produce and review project management information for internal electronic dissemination ensuring the content is accurate, up to date and relevant.
• Adhere to electronic filing structures and contribute to the establishment and review of standards for the use of electronic filing across the Directorate.
• Report on project progress at individual one to one meetings with the Senior IT Project Manager as well as Team meetings highlighting issues for further discussion and resolution.
• Continually seek innovative ways of using technology to support working practices and streamline processes within the organisation.
• Ensure effective communications are maintained within and across project teams.
• As a responsible member of the IT Department, contribute to a seamless response to the needs of the organisation and its Directors, maintaining a professional approach and leading by example at all times.
• Liaise closely with other IT Project Managers and IT Support Managers to ensure effective co-ordination between projects and operational systems
• Promote the department in a positive manner at all times.
• Participate in forums, where requested, in order to update staff on any project issues/progress.
• Understand how IT can directly benefit system users, and work with staff to ensure these benefits are maximised.
• Undertake specific technical and project management research tasks assigned by the Senior IT Project Manager to identify issues and options, and recommend a way forward
• Attend regular 1:1 meetings with the Senior IT Programme / Project Manager and produce regular reports for Senior Managers meetings as required.
Continuing Professional Development
• Keep skills up to date and relevant in order to carry out appropriate tasks in the areas of project management, informatics and desktop applications.
• Use available resources to keep abreast of project related topics (Intranet, internet, reading materials, conferences)
• Develop a personal development plan annually as part of the Individual Performance Review process.
• Participate in the internal development activities and programmes.
• Keep up to date with health and safety legislation and identify and report on hazards /incidents within the workplace
• Keep up to date with legislation
This job description indicates the main responsibilities of the post. It is not a complete list and may be amended and developed as necessary.