Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
IT Security Technologist job description
1. Help in the development of technical solutions that enable compliance-monitoring of the ’s Information Security Policies
2. Aid the senior team to support senior management by helping them to understand the complex policies and strategies being developed for Information Security as well as the technologies and principles that underline it, and to provide ad hoc IS advice to Senior Management.
. Develop innovative ways of securing information to improve output quality, to give competitive advantage, and to deliver efficiencies within the ’s information security framework.
4. Support the senior team in managing the ’s Information Security relationship with our technology providers.
5. Deliver Information Security consultancy across a wide range of technology issues to technology and business leaders and their teams across the , ensuring that divisional and other local technology plans and solutions are in line with the Information Security requirements.
This role is to support the Head of Information Security in ensuring that data within the is protected, in accordance with the needs of the business and according to Information Security principles of availability, integrity and confidentiality
6. Alongside business representatives, provide support to the establishment of technology project proposals developed by suppliers, ensuring ownership and commitment from the relevant stakeholders and delivery from suppliers to Information Security requirements
7. Support the Software Compliance Manager in maintaining the ’s legal status with regard to software usage
8. Work closely with the other members of the Information Security & Business Continuity teams to ensure that consistent advice is given to the Corporation
SCOPE OF ROLE – KEY METRICS
Required to communicate and collaborate at all levels of the corporation, and externally
3rd Party Relationships:
Significant requirements to manage all Service Providers, and to represent the at external bodies such as the British Computer Society and the Information Security Forum
Planning and Organising:
Expected to organise their own workload within the parameters set by management.
Health & Safety:
Normal Office staff requirements.
Essentials of the role:
• Experience of Information Security at a practical level
• Understanding of the technologies and architectures supporting information security protection
• Proven track record of operating in time critical, diverse corporate environments
• Extensive practical experience developing/publishing/maintaining controls and policies for complex organisations
• Ability to assist in setting strategic direction and lead programmes of change
• Highly effective and creative problem-solving skills
Additional Desirables for Role;
• Experience of using Macintosh Computers within an Active Directory infrastructure.
LEADERSHIP IMPERATIVES & BEHAVIOURS
Leads with Conviction
• Makes exceptional things happen through resilience, pace and energy.
• Makes difficult choices about priorities.
• Does not shirk decisions or keep reopening debate.
• Asks for feedback and listens to it.
• Acts with integrity and takes personal responsibility for outcomes.
Frames the Future
• Thinks about what is right for the whole rather than just own patch.
• Creates clarity when issues are ambiguous.
• Does not create initiatives without coherence or line of sight to strategy.
• Communicates the strategy in a simple, compelling way.
• Challenges assumptions and creates conditions to foster creativity.
Manages People & Performance
• Enables people to gain new experience.
• Takes action when the management basics are not delivered.
• Gives regular, skilled feedback.
• Does not ignore those not directly line managed.
Builds Purposeful Relationships
• Connects to the audience and outside world openly and actively.
• Builds trust in the team, with colleagues and external bodies.
• Seeks opportunities to share content.
• Collaborates, shares and seeks diverse opinions and ideas across the .