Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
The post holder will be responsible for maintaining the on-going recovery capability within IT Services to match agreed needs, requirements and timescales of the business.
IT Service Continuity Manager job description
1. The post is responsible for the following key areas:
2. Co-ordinate the planning, design, testing and maintenance of IT recovery plans for both sites, ensuring plans are understood by IT staff. Liaise with business areas to identify key business processes and assess risks to availability, integrity and confidentiality of those systems.
3. Monitor infrastructure capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Review information systems to identify any capacity issues and specifies any required changes.
4. Analyse service and component availability, reliability and maintainability. Ensure that services and components meet and continue to meet their agreed performance targets and service levels, including investigating breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, and instigating remedial action.
5. Ensures the risk register for IT Services is reviewed and updated monthly. Identifies potential risk events, quantifying and documenting the probability of occurrence and impact on the business. Coordinates the development of countermeasures and contingency plans.
6. Undertake project participation as required. Agree activity time scales and inform line management of progress and escalate issues as appropriate.
7. Respond to calls raised with the IT Help Desk, ensuring all users receive assistance in a helpful, timely manner. Ensure resolution of calls is recorded to assist other IT staff in resolution of similar calls. Assign calls to other IT staff as necessary.
Good knowledge of Microsoft server and desktop operating systems and products. Understanding of capability and availability management and associated measurement tools and techniques. Experience of undertaking system risk assessments and identification of countermeasures. Experience in testing IT contingency plans.
Leadership and Change Management
1. Actively seeks opportunities to contribute as a team member.
2. Prioritises own work to ensure objectives are met.
3. Ensures own active involvement in generating team ideas and innovation.
4. Shows self-awareness in actions.
IT Service Provision Operation
1. Operation -Assists in the investigation and resolution of incidents; proposes and reviews maintenance procedures.
2. Operation -Demonstrates a good level of awareness of service level targets by organising own work to meet agreed service levels.
3. Operation -Maintains risk register and IT recovery plans.
4. User Support -Demonstrates a good understanding of IT Services procedures when receiving and handling requests for support and knows when to seek advice.
Consultancy and Advice
1. Demonstrates effective communication of availability, capacity and IT risk identification and mitigation issues to business managers, IT staff and others.
2. Displays confidence when dealing with stakeholders and users of the IT systems.
3. Demonstrates the ability to discuss and clarify user requirements on a regular basis.
IT Service Continuity Manager job description
If you are looking for an IT job description check out the list below. It will be updated on a regular basis.
IT Service Continuity Manager
People Management and Relationship Building
1. Fully participates in performance management.
2. Maintains good relationships with management and peers.
Analysis and Use of Evidence
1. Uses available tools to identify, analyse and report on availability and capacity.
2. Ensures that decisions are based on clear evidence.
Understands how own role impacts Buying Solutions and the team. Identifies systems and process improvements where applicable Keeps abreast of trends within the security arena and makes recommendations to Senior Management as required
Communications and marketing
Demonstrates effective use of written and verbal communications skills. Job Related Functional Competences for IT Services
Strategic IT Services
1. Demonstrates good understanding of the accessibility and protection of electronic information through their actions and advice they give to others.
1. Demonstrates ability to conduct tests and correct malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with procedures.