Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
IT Service Desk Support Specialist job description
To provide telephony and admin support to the IT Helpdesk team.
The post-holder will work within a team and any developments will be in line with existing systems and strategies.
1) Answering the IT helpdesk telephone, in an appropriate manner.
2) Logging telephone calls accurately using the electronic call logging system.
3) Allocating loan equipment from pooled resources, and handing to users when they arrive to collect.
4) Answering general queries from drop-in users.
5) Handing out toners, forms, and any other items required by users.
6) Working to existing procedures and policies, and offering feedback if required.
7) Alerts others in team to missing or inaccurate user information.
8) Assist in the audit of IT equipment, when required.
Management (Confidentiality and Security)
9) To help enforce the Information Technology Security Policies, to ensure BS7799 controls are met, through reporting of incidents in accordance with documented procedures.
10) Provide telephone and basic admin support to IT support team, to enable accurate recording of IT faults and other requests for IT assistance or resources.
Written and verbal communication skills.
Good keyboard skills and accurate data entry.
Ability to follow documented policies and procedures.
Experience of operating a VDU for prolonged periods.
Answering telephone calls.
Speaking to customers.
Be able to work as part of a team, or as an individual.
Be comfortable working with all levels of organisation.
Energy, resilience and flexibility.
11) Fulfilling personal responsibilities for all matters relating to health and safety and risk management.
12) Partake in any training indicated by the IT Helpdesk Manager or IT Manager as appropriate, for personal and professional development.
13) Assist the IT support team in ensuring that all IT users understand their role in relation to clinical governance and security from an IT perspective, and effectively contribute to the provision of high quality services for patients, to be achieved through contact with the support desk.
Planning and organisational
14) Planning of straight forward tasks and activities, such as allocating a resource from an equipment pool, which is used by all members of IT support team.
15) Other relevant duties as agreed with the Health Board IT Manager and IT Helpdesk Manager.
The purpose should remain constant but the duties and responsibilities may vary over time within the role and level of the post.