Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
There is a massive change underway with the replacement of the aging administration system.
IT System Support Officers are responsible for the first line support of users during
the ‘cut over’ period and offer initial assistance to people who are having problems.
As first port of call they need to be both confident computer users and trained to
become expert system users.
The role will require staff to work shifts and unsociable hours on a rota basis.
1. To provide first line assistance to users when problems with systems
2. To help to triage and where possible resolve issues immediately or to log and escalate as appropriate.
3. To provide a conduit for 2 way communication between users and support staff, including champion users, other floorwalkers, service desk.
4. To support and advise on downtime procedures and business continuity to ensure that they are adopted successfully in their allocated local work area.
5. To ensure that all system and process issues and incidents are logged and tracked using formal documentation
6. To become an effective member of the ‘Floor walking Team’ they will require good communication, diagnostic, system and process knowledge and be adaptable to be assigned to multiple locations.
7. To work with managers and staff from across the community to build the confidence of end users in the new system.
IT System Support Officer
Qualifications & Training
ECDL or equivalent experience in the use of IT systems
Knowledge & Experience
Experience within a large complex organisation.
Knowledge of the National Programme for IT
Good attention to detail and accuracy.
Methodical approach to organisation and delivery of tasks
Ability to work unsupervised and to manage own day to day activities.
Enthusiasm and positive attitude to work
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to explain complex issues to both technical and non technical individuals.
Customer oriented approach to Role
Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations, which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
Good PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Visio
Good communication skills, both spoken and written. Able to produce a range of formal and informal documents and reports.
Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to deal with different personalities and levels of understanding and to build good working relationships with staff at all levels and from a variety of professional disciplines.
Influencing and negotiation skills, able to represent new ideas and concepts to an audience.
8. To provide a link between the end users and the project team enabling the speedy escalation of issues encountered without taking the user away from the workplace.
9. To support and reinforce the lessons learned that were taught during end user training.
10. To work autonomously using own initiative and make decisions based on
expertise and knowledge of Building based care processes, procedures and