Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
IT Technical Analyst job description
Analysis, Problem Solving and Service Planning
( judgements requiring analysis)
• To make judgements in resolving problems of a technical nature within pre-defined limits, referring anything of a more complex nature to team members/senior staff
• To deal with all enquiries effectively and responsively, deciding upon appropriate follow-up action.
• To deal with incoming/outgoing e-mail in accordance with the workplace procedures
• To recognise difficult situations and prioritise/respond accordingly
Planning and Organisational Skills
• To plan and organise own day to day tasks within the parameters set out by senior staff in line with service delivery
• To plan and co-ordinate deployment of IT engineers involving scheduling of appointments with customers e.g. Organisation, PSTs and other stakeholders
• To adjust/change plans, often at short notice, in line with the demands of the service
• Standard keyboard skills
• Maintain up to date training and knowledge to effectively move and handle equipment in a safe and effective manner
Policy and Service Development Implementation
(follows policy in own role)
• Knowledge of relevant Organisation policies and procedures e.g. Fire, Health & Safety, Information Governance and Infection Control
• May comment on policies, procedures or possible developments relative to the area of work
To provide technical support for the IT Service Desk and administrative services for the department, contributing to the planning and development of the service as a member of the team.
(routine information, barriers to understanding)
• To provide and receive routine information orally, in writing or electronically to inform work colleagues, staff and external contacts, the information may be of a technical nature and there may be barriers to understanding
• To demonstrate a competent level of inter-personal skills when providing information of a non-clinical nature to work colleagues, staff and external agencies, maintaining the Organisation standards of customer service.
• To accurately record information
• To contribute to team meetings
• Knowledge of a range of IT work procedures and practices.
• An understanding of relevant policy, legislation drivers and their application to the relevant service area e.g. NPfIT
• Experience of providing IT support in a customer focused NHS environment
• Experience of using or supporting a wide range of IT systems e.g. Hornbill Supportworks, Microsoft Office and NPfIT applications
• Recognised IT qualification or NHS IT support experience equivalent to ‘A’ Level/BTEC Diploma/NVQ3 standard
• Standard keyboard skills
• Able to demonstrate inter-personal communication skills
• Able to plan and prioritise effectively
• Good telephone manner
• A team player
• Ability to motivate others
• Ability to demonstrate ethical values and attitudes within a culture of equality and diversity
Responsible for Financial and Physical Resources
(personal duty of care)
• To use office equipment in an appropriate manner, reporting any faults following the recognised organisational procedure
Responsible for Human Resources
(training in own discipline)
• To provide training in own discipline when supporting all staff/customers in IT related issues
• To work towards the objectives agreed in own Performance and Development Review
Responsible for Information Resources
(regular use of computer software to create reports etc)
• To input data onto a computerised system
• Text processing as necessary to the role
• To maintain records both manually and electronically, producing routine information as required
• To contribute to the maintenance of accurate and up-to- date filing systems
• Regularly using computer software to create, update and monitor IT incident logs/reports