Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Java job description
The role requires an excellent knowledge of Java, Java frameworks and technologies, developing, and integrating with RESTful, web-services and message based services. Additionally, a strong understanding of high-volume, high-availability, scalable, well abstracted, service oriented software is desired.
• To design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, service-oriented Java applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies.
• To design and develop scalable RESTful web-services in Java
• To design and develop message based solutions
• To design and develop reusable libraries and APIs
• To contribute to best practice for Java application development
• To write unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
• To write concise yet comprehensive technical documentation
• To liaise with the product manager and technical lead to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features as well as monitoring technical progress against plans. while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance
• To work with system administrators, information architects and client web-app developers to deliver fast, dynamic web propositions
• To work with all relevant parties on the deployment of services to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments
• To be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all online output.
• To monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to the senior developers on a regular basis
• To work to the policy on Health and Safety
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Significant and demonstrable Java development experience.
• Proven experience of using Tomcat, Spring Framework, Hibernate and Maven2
• Commercial experience of: Object-oriented analysis, design and development, test driven development, relational database systems, high performance systems
• Proven commercial experience of designing and building RESTful interfaces
• Extensive development experience against MySQL including schema design, SQL performance analysis and tuning and experience using a JPA and JTA, (ideally Hibernate)
• Demonstrable experience using JMS
• Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing and JUnit
• Demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice – especially around scalability and performance of web-services
• Proven experience of project working and commercial development processes - particularly Agile methodologies
• Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
• An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
• Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own
• Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. Git, SVN), bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla) and Wikis (e.g. Confluence)
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Demonstrable experience of developing with MVC frameworks
• Demonstrable experience of contributing to open-source projects
• Demonstrable experience interfacing with multiple web services, feeds and APIs
• Use of message-queues (e.g. ActiveMQ) and real-time messaging protocols (e.g. XMPP)
• Knowledge of output and the potential for interactive technologies to enhance the offering