Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
What strange things do people put on application forms? How do you tell someone that they smell? What funny things happen to HR Managers? What happens with personal relationships in the office? What sorts of thefts, fiddles and criminals did you come across? What strange disciplinaries have you dealt with? Does work and personal life ever collide?
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Job Description Admin Assistant
Responsible for assisting in the management of the organisation and its administrative systems and all administrative duties to ensure effective services and the promotion of the organisation nterests.
• To manage the Office
• To be the first port of contact for visitors to the office, phone calls, emails and all other correspondence
• To prepare Agendas for and prepare Minutes of meetings and take follow up actions as appropriate
• To maintain the filing system and other records and documents relating to organisation functions
• To ensure the website is maintained and kept up to date as appropriate
• To complete simple spreadsheets relating to VAT and accounts
• To assist with events and projects as required
• To represent the organisation as required and ensure good working relationships are in place
• To carry out any other appropriate and relevant duties as the organisation may require
Participate in staff recruitment selection process, as appropriate.
Contribute to and participate in the development and implementation of the staff development programme.
Occasionally attend social activities that are out with normal working hours.
• Ability to communicate with staff, and the general public in a pleasant and effective manner.
• Ability to manage the administration in accordance with the requirements
• Ability to prioritise workload to provide efficient management of business
• Computer literacy including word processing to a high standard and Excel to a basic standard is essential
• Ability to prepare Agendas and Minutes to a high standard and undertake actions from such
• Ability to be self motivating and work without supervision
• Ability to assist with the management of projects and events
• To undertake training as required
To undertake all administrative tasks associated with the Organisation’s activities including typing, taking minutes, filing and maintaining effective record keeping database systems.
Answering the telephone and dealing with any administrative queries promptly and efficiently. Taking accurate and detailed messages, and ensuring that messages are passed on appropriately and any urgent messages are forwarded as soon as possible.
Provide, with other admin staff, all aspects of the Organisation's Reception Services.
Assisting the Organisational Manager to ensure that the Organisation’s personnel function keeps up-to-date with changes in legislation in relation to contracts and conditions of employment.
Carry out work at all times in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
Make recommendations on the purchase of equipment and publications.
Ensuring the Organisation’s personnel function operates in compliance with standards set
Corresponding with our I.T. maintenance provider to report any issues and other business relating to I.T.
Corresponding with our mobile phone provider to report any issues, arrange equipment and update any changes to the mobile database.
Take responsibility for diverting the phones to the “On-Call” service at 5.00 pm and for cancelling the diversion when you arrive in the morning at 9.00 am.
Distributing petty cash and maintaining the petty cash spreadsheets.
High standard of written English
Computer skills with knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Good skills in accessing the Internet
Creative skills in using symbols and pictures for accessible information
Good telephone manner
Qualifications - Preferred
English. ‘H’ grade
Qualities – Essential
Commitment to Organisation’s ideals.
Commitment to participate in on-going personal learning activities.
Ability to carry out tasks to completion with minimum supervision.
Highly developed communication skills.
Confident in engaging with people across a wide range of contexts and activities.
Be able to demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member.
Open to different ways of working.
Good Sense of humour.