Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To provide residents with the highest standard of quality care and support at all time, in accordance with the individual care plan. To act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the home.
Job Description Care Assistant
7. To assist residents to carry out their activities of daily living e.g. washing, dressing, eating and bathing.
8. To provide residents with meals, adhering strenuously to Food Hygiene regulations.
9. To provide beverages for residents and their visitors.
10. To help residents choose from the menu.
11. To assist residents with eating where needed as per their care plan.
12. Report comments on food and requests for particular dishes to the Cook/Head Chef.
13. To take care of the residents clothing, ensuring the correct collection, distribution and return of all laundered items.
14. To carry out bed making and changing of linen.
15. To keep the residents rooms tidy, safe and in line with the residents wishes.
16. To participate in the programme of activities for residents
17. To assist senior staff with the admission of new residents.
18. To assist senior staff, under supervision and where appropriate, to carry out their clinical responsibilities for residents e.g. hygiene care, wound dressings.
19. To assist senior staff in the on-going assessment of residents, reporting any changes to the person in charge.
20. Escort residents travelling to and from the Home/Care Centre e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
21. To maintain accurate and legible records of care provided.
22. To ensure an effective working team, by working closely with other members of the staff team by actively taking part in staff meetings, having open communication, and contribute to meeting the objectives of the team.
23. To take part in regular supervisions and appraisals to meet agreed learning and development needs associated with the job.
24. To assist in the orientation of new care assistants.
25. To adopt a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times and wear the appropriate uniform as supplied by the Home.
26. To be helpful and courteous to residents and visitors at all times
27. To report all comments, compliments and complaints immediately to your line manager or the person in charge.
28. To check the duty rota and sign for actual hours worked.
29. To be familiar with the policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
30. To attend all required training sessions.
31. To carry out additional reasonable duties as well, from time to time as directed by the management team.
32. Ensure the communal areas and corridors are safe and free from hazards.
33. To carry out duties in such a way as to ensure the economical and safe use of resources and equipment.
34. Ensure all residents’ property is stored in line with the policies and procedures of the home.
35. Report and hand in any lost property.
1. To build up good relationships with residents under his/her direct care and to provide them with daily care to help them maintain and improve, where possible, their independence, individuality and mobility.
2. To work at all times in ways which demonstrate an active understanding of the principles of the job as described above, and with appropriate guidance from senior staff.
3. Answer Nurse call system promptly, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
4. To ensure, at all times that information about individuals is treated with respect and confidentiality, when receiving information, sharing it, storing it and retrieving it.
5. To build up good relationships with residents under his/her direct care and to provide them with daily care to help them maintain and improve, where possible, their independence, individuality and mobility.
6. To communicate with relatives, partners, friends or carers involved with the individual, as well as with other staff and caring agencies with regard to the individuals health and social care and well-being.
36. Ensure all property belonging to the home is treated with respect.
37. To report any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards.
38. To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the Health and Safety of self, colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home/Care Centre.