Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
• To provide visionary leadership; leading the Strategic development of the organisation in line with the vision and aims agreed
• To ensure the effective operational management of the organisation in all respects, including the management of all resources.
• To ensure the delivery of activities.
• To engineer and lead the vision, strategy, policy
To have overall responsibility for resources, and organisational structure
• To ensure that the organisation fulfill its purpose and legal responsibilities
• To exercise overall responsibility for financial planning, management, and control.
• To ensure that appropriate systems and structures are in place to meet short and medium-term commitments and objectives.
• To provide appropriate leadership and management of staff
• To determine stance on issues of public policy, co-ordinate its response, and represent its views in the outside world
Business Manager job description
Job Description CEO
Vision and Strategy
• To remain fully informed of developments in local and national policy and strategy relating to all the services provided by The company.
• To actively support, advise and guide the setting of The company’s long-term strategic plans and objectives.
• To develop and regularly review The company’s medium and long-term strategies and objectives,
• To develop short- and medium-term strategic plans, and ensure that these are regularly reported to the Shareholders.
• To identify any problems in achieving plans and objectives, and develop methods of minimising any associated risks or loss.
• To ensure the ongoing monitoring, evaluation and review of all company services and activities, involving the Board, staff, and service users.
• To lead the management team and to direct, co-ordinate, and performance manage the work of the Assistant Directors and other posts as appropriate.
• To ensure that the work of staff reporting indirectly is appropriately directed and performance managed.
• To ensure policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of all The company staff
• To ensure effective systems are in place for recruiting, managing, training, and developing staff
• To ensure that The company meets its legal and statutory obligations to staff and strives at all times to follow best practice as an employer.
Financial Management and Revenue Generation
• To ensure the effective management of The company’s budget and ensure the probity of the organisation’s finances.
• To oversee the preparation of the annual budget
• To oversee the maintenance of financial records and ensure regular management accounts are produced in order to monitor and control expenditure and cash flow.
• To ensure the annual accounts are prepared for the annual audit.
• To ensure that The company has an adequate funding strategy, monitor its success on an ongoing basis, and report any shortfalls promptly to the Shareholders.
• To ensure that the financial information given in applications for grant funding is adequate and accurate.
• To ensure that The company meets its funders’ requirements on monitoring, reviewing, and reporting of funds used.
Programme Development and Service Provision
• To ensure that The company develops and delivers a programme of activities and services that is in line with its strategic plan.
• To ensure that all services and activities are monitored and reviewed on a regular basis, looking at overall effectiveness, best use of resources, and contribution to meeting The company’s overall objectives
• To be active in identifying new opportunities, ensure that they are appropriately researched and fully costed, and explore revenue options to realise them.
• Ensure achievement of Quality Standards (eg: PQASSO)
External Relationships / Representing The company
• To raise awareness of The company’s work and gain support with organisations, institutions, companies and statutory bodies whose work is relevant to The company’s field of operations.
• To represent The company on key local, regional and national bodies to further the interests of the organisation, young people and voluntary and community sector services for children and young people.
• To develop and encourage partnership and multidisciplinary working in line with national and local strategic policy.
• To act as the chief The company spokesperson and ensure the effective management of The company’s media profile.
• To foster good working relations with current and future funders.
• To ensure that all policy recommendations, representations to government bodies, public statements and responses made on The company’s behalf are in line with The company’s governing document and accurately represent The company’s views.
• To facilitate meetings of the Board of Shareholders.
• To report quarterly to the Shareholders on The company’s activities and financial position, and to prepare other reports, reviews, and position papers as required
• To ensure that the Chair and the Board are appropriately informed and supported to make decisions, develop policy and provide direction.
• To ensure that The company complies in all its roles and activities with all relevant legislation,
• To uphold the commitment of the service to the provision of equal opportunities in all aspects of its work.
• To prepare the annual report for the AGM.
• To keep abreast of related external developments.
• To undertake the duties of Company Secretary to the limited company.
• To act always in The company’s best interests.
• To undertake any other duties which the Chair or, through him/her the Shareholders, may from time to time require.