Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
· To ensure that all kitchen related operational and health and safety protocols and procedures are followed at all times to facilitate:
1. The effective and smooth day to day running of the kitchen
2. High output of well prepared and presented food
3. Exceptional levels of cleanliness and hygiene
Job Description Chef
1. Planning and Control
· Compile Menus in conjunction with the Directors
· Establish, monitor and maintain portion controls
· Establish, monitor and maintain a Stock Control System
· Establish, monitor and maintain a Kitchen Hygiene Programme abiding to legal standards
· Establish, monitor and maintain strict controls regarding Health and Safety, ensuring that
all staff are trained and fully aware of procedures
· Monitor and maintain safe storage of goods received, stock rotation procedures and security of storage areas
· Achieve targeted gross profits through effective portion control & wastage limitation
· Place orders with agreed suppliers, check goods received and cross check invoiced charges
· Assist Directors with monthly review of catering income and expenditure to assess financial performance against budget
· Supervise all catering staff, monitoring performance and setting objectives
· Carry out staff training activities as and when required
· Assist the Directors with the recruitment of high quality staff and make
recommendations, where appropriate, on staffing and structure
· Ensure all time sheets are filled out correctly, signed and passed to the Directors
· Maintain a high level of customer service and presentation of staff and facilities
· Safeguard the welfare of the general public and staff, and contribute to the effective
implementation of the 'Health and Safety at Work' and ‘Duty of Care’ policies
· Ensure the very highest operational standards are upheld with regards to cleanliness,
facilities, staff, safety and service at all times
· Conduct risk assessments on facilities and equipment as directed
· Undertake all other duties as requested which are commensurate with this role
· Educated to at least GCSE (or equivalent) level
· Minimum of two years catering experience
· Commitment to excellence in terms of:
1. Preparing and presenting food
2. Maintaining the highest standards of food hygiene and health and safety
· Positive, enthusiastic and determined attitude
· Willing to undergo any necessary health and police checks and satisfy requirements
· Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Pleasant, professional and articulate manner
· Flexible attitude to working requirements to meet the needs
· Recognised catering qualification
· Good working knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety legislative requirements
· Food Hygiene qualification(s)
· First Aid qualification(s)
· Computer literate
4. Low levels of wastage through effective stock rotation and control
· To supervise, mentor and support other members of the Catering Team
· To provide a key contribution to menu planning, gross profit analysis, pricing and strategy