Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job Description for a Receptionist
The Receptionist has day to day responsibility for the operation of the Reception area
• The day to day management of the Reception area and the provision of a friendly and efficient first point of contact with the public.
• Maintaining a record of visitors and managing the issue/return of visitors’ badges.
• The efficient operation of the switchboard and responding to all internal/external queries including taking messages efficiently.
• Responding to email enquiries.
• Maintenance of morning/afternoon registration records.
• Maintaining the Fire drill list.
• To ensure sufficient up to date marketing materials are stocked and displayed in the Reception area and meeting room.
• Providing secretarial and administrative support to the staff.
• To maintain accurate records and filing systems.
• To manage and update the database.
Relevant experience of working in a busy reception or front of house capacity
Experience of receiving and responding to customer enquiries and ensuring these enquire are dealt with or passed on to the appropriate person.
Experience of keeping accurate records and filing systems.
Experience of dealing with challenging customers
Experience of using office equipment; to include photocopiers & faxes
Experience of cashing up and keeping appropriate records
Knowledge, skills & abilities
Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Outlook
An understanding of the good practice guidelines when dealing with cash.
Ability to use their communication skills to an excellent level. This is to include actively listening to enquiries, questioning for further information, reassuring the customer how there query will be dealt with and passing, if necessary this information on to the relevant member of staff.
Ability to write brief work reports and up-date and amended the reception handbook to a good standard as directed by their line manager.
Ability to use own initiative to deal with routine enquiries from students and staff surrounding student activities and events.
Ability to understand and comply to requirement surrounding the data protection act
Attitude & disposition
Demonstrates a positive approach to best practice and exceeding customer expectations
Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
Organised with the ability to ensure good records are kept
Desire to work in a student environment within democratic structures
Approachable nature with the ability to mix with a range of people from diverse backgrounds
Trustworthy, reliable, and flexible with good attention to detail and demonstrable integrity
Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with others
Conscientious and hard working
Pro- active approach to work
Committed to the principles and practice of equal opportunities
• To update the MIS system for contact details.
• Transport bookings and the maintenance of the associated records.
• Assistance with all mailings.
• Providing assistance within other areas of the Secretariat when work loads require and permit.