Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job Description for General Manager
Works closely with Director to provide essential continuity, management and support to the core functions and development of the organisation, buildings and staff
Key areas of responsibility
1. Administration, Back office and Operations
– Overseeing the core admin and operations of the group, including databases and box office set up and implementation, building management, maintenance and office infrastructure during and post capital works
2. Human Resources Management and Compliance – support the annual implementation of the KPI system, oversee and make recommendations to structural changes and recruitment process, lead on contract issue and inductions. Overseeing and authorising pay role and recommending annual performance related pay with HHGD and carryout disciplinary process as needed.
3. Management Accounts and Financial Processes – Reviewing financial processes throughout the organisation, including budgets and actual reporting and working with financial manager to prepare accounts for management and fundraising use and board presentation. Directly manage core operational and administration budgets and contracts including IT, staff, and maintenance and office functions.
4. Fundraising, Monitoring and Evaluation
– lead on securing grants, trust and foundations and revenue fundraising. Negotiating contracts and ensuring detailed monitoring requirements are met alongside the timely claim of funds to support organisational cash flow. Managing fundraising sub committee and supporting capital fundraising from individuals and CSR.
5. Policy development and Implementation – ensuring key policies are legally compliant, recognise best practice and are fully implemented thorough out the group.
6. Stakeholder and Relationship management - Review ALL existing and prospective beneficial stakeholder relationships, allocate these across the management of the organisation and set up a management plan for each management role. Lead on management of key relationships
General / Day to day Responsibilities:
HR, Pay Role and Staff Management
o Organise 1-2-1 meetings with all management team and HHGD monthly and quarterly to review KPI’s and general performance.
o Review and authorise monthly pay role approval process, ensuring contract compliance and correct and timely payment of staff and freelancers
o Review staff information and processes including training requirements, hand books, policies, sick, holiday and toil policies recommend changes to HHGD
o Line manage Group Administrator, Facilities Co-ordinator and Programme and Leases Manager
Financial and Monitoring Responsibilities
o Work with the Group Director and Finance Manager to set (annually) and monitor (monthly) project and overall department budgets. Review financial processes with Treasurer where appropriate provide recommendations and produce accurate management accounts for reporting at management meetings and board meetings. Support audit.
Experience of high level / long term management of partners and funders, service delivery contracts over 3 or more years
Setting up of relationship and negotiation of contracts
Policy development and implementation over 3 or more years
Experience of managing senior staff with specialist skill sets.
Supporting at director and board level
Human Resources policy and management over 3 years including equal ops recruitment and disciplinary process
Direct experience of non compliance
Experience of trust and foundation fundraising
Experience of Capital, individual and CSR fundraising
Working with different financial systems to prepare management accounts, review financial processes over see audits for turnover of over £1m
Proficiency with Sage
Hands on experience of working with / managing a small team in a community building
Extensive venue management experience
Skills, Knowledge and
develop, manage and problem solve administration projects methodically and to time responding to
the organisations needs
Ability to bring in projects on large scale budget and to time
Effective time management.
Able to prioritise and manage workload independently, and support others to do the same.
Extensive knowledge of admin back office functions data base, PC, email, word, excel, internet proficient – on a daily basis
Development and set up of database and box office systems – customer relationships to support organisation function
Merchant and client accounts knowledge
Ability to write strategic and operational problem solving documents and present to staff, board and funders
Experience of issuing and reviewing contracts
o Working with Managers and Co-ordinators ensure that all projects monitoring data is captured and reports produced for internal purposes and for funders. This includes participant application forms, registers and recorded and accredited outcome forms, making sure data is communicated with funders and the relevant relationships are managed to HH benefit.
o Over see and directly manage the operational budgets for the group.
Policy Development and Implementation
o Manage and implement health and safety and security policy with Healthy and Safety Officer within all buildings. Ensure reception areas are manned, sign in processes are adhered to and that there is a crisis plan that every staff member is aware of. Ensure that all activities and the centre itself is risk assessed and appropriately mitigated.
o Review all existing policies, recommend new and best practise and implement, including Equal Opportunities policy and Equalities Act compliance, IT and email policy and all others.
o Carrying out own time planning and administration, including managing relevant aspects of budget, as agreed with the Group Director and Finance Manager.
o Be a key holder and the take on the responsibility which comes with this.
o Attend board meetings, management meetings and away days as required (often outside of office hours)
o Provide strategic advice and support to HHGD, organisation and board, contributing to business plans and capital fundraising where required.
o Attending regular meetings including staff members and 1-2-1’s with the group directors and external networks and partnership meetings
o Support the general administration of the organisation as required.
o Undertaking any additional activities as may be required from time to time to contribute to the work