Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
`Christmas is a pain in the arse`
Fun Christmas song by
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Job Description for Office Manager
1. The general daily management of the office including, (though not exclusively): information technology, communication systems and general machinery;
2. The day to day management of the administration, to include (though not exclusively): Finance; Membership Services; Performance Support; Communications
3. The administrative support to the Board Directors.
4. To lead and manage the daily delivery of membership services within the office, working closely with the COO and Management Team;
5. To assume day to day line management responsibility for all administration staff; and to work closely with the COO to review and re-define the current roles and responsibilities of the current adminstration structure.
6. To prepare, implement and manage allocated budget(s) as agreed with the COO;
7. To adhere to ’s financial processes and procedures and improve where possible;
8. To ensure the maintenance of computerised accounting records and systems including the preparation of accounts to budgets and management accounts reports for submission to the Board;
9. To ensure that effective banking arrangements are in place with respect to income, investments and payments;
10. The management and audit of resources and maintenance of a comprehensive asset register for security, maintenance and replacement of equipment;
11. To develop and implement effective risk management strategies, structures and arrangements to ensure that meets its statutory and corporate responsibilities;
12. To negotiate with suppliers, service providers and contractors in order to control expenditure and ensure it is kept within the agreed budget.
Administrative support to the Chair, Chief Operating Officer and Board Directors.
13. To manage particular projects from time to time as requested by the Chief Operating Officer;
14. To develop and manage (with others) the provision of support and membership services.
15. To be responsible for the recruitment, management, deployment and continuing professional development of all administration personnel.
16. Effective communication and professional interaction with, though not exclusively:
• professional staff members;
• Board of Directors;
• Scottish Local Authorities;
• Scottish Educational establishments;
• Other national sports agencies.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent);
• Experience of management of a team of people
• Highly competent in Microsoft software systems, to include (though not exclusively): MS Word; MS Outlook MS PowerPoint; MS Excel;
• Experience of effective partnership working;
• Experience of budget preparation and management, in particular SAGE Line 50;
• Experience of national competition and event management;
• Experience of working within the voluntary sector;
• Demonstrable ability to engage partners and build strong, long term relationships
• Experience in managing projects and delivering to plan and budget
• Highly developed leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• A dynamic self-starter, energetic and enthusiastic;
• Good communication and facilitation skills;
• Good networking skills;
• Flexible, adaptable & well organised;
• Good forward planner;
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
• The ability to think strategically and deliver plans towards achieving strategic vision