Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
SERVES DINERS by covering tables; setting utensils, napkins, decorations, condiments, candles, and service plates; presenting menu; suggesting courses; explaining daily specials; answering food preparation questions; recording diners’ choices; picking up and delivering items from bar, kitchen, and service areas; inquiring of needs; removing courses as completed; issuing bill; accepting payment.
1. PREPARES TABLES FOR DINING by cleaning and covering tables; setting utensils, napkins, decorations, condiments, candles, and service plates.
2. HELPS DINERS SELECT FOOD AND BEVERAGES by presenting menu; suggesting courses; explaining daily specials; answering food preparation questions; offering cocktails and aperitifs; identifying appropriate wines.
3. TRANSMITS ORDERS TO KITCHEN AND BAR by recording diners’ choices; identifying diners’ special dietary needs and requests; noting timing of meal progression.
4. SERVES FOOD AND DRINKS by picking-up and delivering items from bar, kitchen, and service areas.
5. MAINTAINS DINING EXPERIENCE by inquiring of needs; removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to spills or other special needs.
6. CONCLUDES DINING EXPERIENCE by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting diners to return.
Job Description for Waitress
_ 7. OBTAINS DINING REVENUES
totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; returning change or credit card.
____ 8. PROTECTS RESTAURANT AND DINERS
adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
____ 9. IMPROVES WAITER/WAITRESS JOB KNOWLEDGE
attending training sessions; reading technical publications.
____ 10. CONTRIBUTES TO FOOD SERVICE AND RESTAURANT SUCCESS
welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.