Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
• Conduct client work allocated by fee earner(s) and partners
• Preparation of legal documents i.e. statements; court applications; trial bundles etc.
• Completion of Legal Services forms
• Attendance upon clients where instructed by fee earner
• Ensure that all client work is dealt with effectively and accurately, ensuring the client is kept regularly informed about progress and costs
• Effectively manage the financial aspects of all clients files for which the fee earner is responsible, including disbursements, funding certificates and private bills
• Attendance at court to undertake clerking duties which includes meeting with the client and counsel
• Exercise high standards of client care at all times
• Comply with the detailed procedures contained in the firm’s operational procedures
• Comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors
• Undertake fee earning work with appropriate supervision and provide a profitable contribution to his/her department and the firm
• Act as a responsible representative of the firm at all times
• Contribute wherever possible to the success of the firm
Job Description Legal Assistant
• Undertake legal research and communicate results to fee earner
• Ensure excellent working relationships with external institutions and organisations
• To keep up to date with changes in the relevant law
• Comply with the relevant training requirements of the Law Society
• Actively promote the services of the firm and its image at all times
• Participate in marketing activities as and when required
• Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documents and information
• Any other duties which are, in the reasonable opinion of the firm, ancillary, necessary or conducive to the role and responsibilities outlined above
Experience of working within a law firm
Experience of working within family law
Experience of using Axxia
Experience of Legal Aid
Experience of Microsoft Office
LPC or level 6 Ilex underway or completed
Organised, systematic approach to work
Good organisation abilities & attention to detail
Ability to prioritise workload
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent keyboard skills including accuracy and speed
Able to work alone and as part of a team
Able to demonstrate use of initiative
Knowledge of family law or ability to demonstrate interest in family law e.g. LPC family law elective