Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job description Legal Secretary
• Preparation of correspondence and documents through audio typing and word processing
• To administer daily filing which includes the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
• Preparation of mail for despatch
• Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for the fee earner(s)
• To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and courteous manner
• To provide support to other secretaries as required
• To provide support and guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so
• To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self development
• To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information
• Complying at all times with the detailed procedures contained in the firm’s manual
• Ensure that any changes to the firm’s manual or changes in practice are understood and applied with immediate effect of such changes.
• To work as part of the team and be included in rota’s relating to general office duties which includes a reception service
• Undertake general office duties e.g. photocopying and faxing
• To do all such things which are in the reasonable opinion of the firm, ancillary, necessary and conducive to the role and responsibilities outlined above
The role is to provide direct support to the fee earner(s) to enable optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. A high degree of self management and initiative is expected.
At least 12 months experience of working within a law firm
Experience of working within family law
Experience of Legal Aid
Experience of Microsoft Office
Educated to GCSE standard including grade C or above in English Language
OCR/RSA II Word Processing or equivalent
OCR/RSA III Word Processing or equivalent
Excellent keyboard skills including accuracy and speed of at least 65 wpm
Organised, systematic approach to work
Good organisation abilities & attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Able to work alone and as part of a team
Able to demonstrate use of initiative