Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Provide a client based maintenance service for the residents.
Promote and maintain a culture which places customers first and aims to deliver a high standard of service.
8. Produce performance reports using the housing maintenance system and Business
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
You may be required to work from other sites and places where your professional attendance is required.
Out of hours work may be required including some evening and weekend work.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS Job description Maintenance
This job description outlines the main duties of the post but does not exclude other duties, which may be undertaken to ensure the efficient operation of the department. Other duties required will be consistent with those listed above and appropriate to the title and grade of the post.
This job description is a record as at the date below. Any changes to the job description will be carried out in consultation with the post holder, who will be expected to participate fully in such discussions.
The company aim`s to reach a mutual agreement to reasonable changes but if this is not possible we reserve the right to implement reasonable changes to the job description after consultation with the post holder.
Qualifications and Professional or Vocational Training
HNC, or equivalent, in Construction
Full valid driving licence and access to a car
Relevant Experience and Knowledge Job description Maintenance
Substantial building knowledge and experience of carrying out housing maintenance repairs on a variety of properties
Experience of a computerised housing management system
Experience of managing budgets
Experience of dealing with members of the public and positively resolving complaints
Skills and Abilities Job description Maintenance
Excellent communication skills
Ability to use Microsoft office
Able to organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
Ability to deal with people in challenging situations at all levels
Able to take the initiative and make decisions when required
Attitude and Motivation
Committed to excellent customer service
Work effectively under pressure and cope with a variety of situations
Committed to working as part of a team
A desire to develop and deliver a top quality professional service
Flexibility in terms of hours and duties
Job description Maintenance
1. Respond to residents requests for maintenance repairs or renewals within their homes.
2. Undertake pre and post inspection surveys of Council owned properties to ascertain the nature and extent of any necessary repairs and to check works against contractors invoices.
3. Liaise with contractors and instruct them on work to be undertaken.
4. Act as Clerk of Works before, during and following the period of contracts for capital and other works as allocated to the postholder.
5. Prepare specifications and drawings and seek tenders or quotations for planned maintenance works in line with standing orders.
6. Assist the Senior Maintenance Officer to prepare programme and contracts for planned maintenance works to properties in the Council`s ownership.
7. Raise orders and update the computerised housing maintenance system.