Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free job description Network Engineer
To be part of the network team within the Operations group and to be responsible for the network functions of online platforms.
• To maintain the network infrastructure for online services and ensure very high levels of availability of the network components (99.99%). This includes all network environments within managed platforms
• To administer routers, switches and other network devices on all platforms as required.
• To work with partners to ensure that their networks are configured and maintained to support the levels of availability required.
• To work with the infrastructure engineering team to ensure that the network infrastructure remains current, performs and is well understood.
• Extensive knowledge of building and troubleshooting Internet platforms, particularly for web applications, but also streaming.
• Experience of building and maintaining full range of both Cisco and Juniper devices.
• Current, valid, industry recognised network certification, at least JNCIA or JNCIP.
• Experience of implementing monitoring solutions on networks.
• Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
• Strong planning and organising skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
• Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
• Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
• Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
• Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
• Good team player, self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
Network Engineer job description
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders. This will include technical and operational staff in other departments and third parties
• To assist with improving the standard of technical operations and competencies within the technical teams.
• To ensure that network elements are documented and kept current.
• To undertake advanced network administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Extensive technical knowledge of large-scale Juniper IP based networking, ideally in an ISP Environment, with knowledge of the following network protocols:
BGP, IS-IS, Spanning Tree, IPSec/IP MPLS VPN’s.