Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
The Network Manager will be a subject matter expert with extensive experience in the design, delivery and operation of network and connectivity services including extensive experience of managing the delivery of business-critical LAN/WANs in a large and complex enterprise. Ideally familiar with the technology used for broadcast connectivity and have experience of delivering broadcast circuits. You will know how to manage a supplier to get the best out of them including setting appropriate service descriptions, service levels and performance indicators and will have experience of successfully managing a multi-million pound service contract.
- Accountable for delivery by the third party contractor of effective, reliable and affordable network and connectivity services meeting the current and future needs of the organisation.
- Responsible for negotiating any changes to networks and connectivity service level agreements required by the organisation and ensuring that these are met including signing-off any changes required to the service being delivered and agreeing the associated capital and revenue expenditure.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the service management processes (including change processes), service level agreements and underpinning areas of the contract are aligned withthe organisation immediate and future strategic needs.
- Responsible for ensuring the adherence to best practice specifically;
o Capacity management
o Network patching and upgrading
- Responsible for monitoring and managing the service levels being delivered by third parties, identifying any risks or shortcomings and negotiating and putting in place any remedial changes needed to ensure agreed service levels are delivered reliably and resiliently.
- Provide support to the commercial team ensuring that expenditure on network and connectivity services is managed effectively, minimising the cost to the organisation of the ongoing services and any changes required, and assisting with the resolution of any disputes.
- Extensive experience of the design and management of large business-critical corporate networks including a demonstrable ability to analyse risks, assess major incidents and implement appropriate remedial measures.
- Extensive experience of managing the delivery of network and connectivity services provided by a 3rd party including the formulation, agreement and reporting of service levels and the implementation of operational controls.
- Experience of delivering large scale network change programmes.
- A strong technical understanding of LAN/WAN technologies ideally backed up by knowledge and experience of broadcast circuit technology.
- Well-developed commercial negotiation skills ideally obtained managing 3rd party service delivery.
- Excellent communication skills able to present complex technical information and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical staff.
Job Description Network Manager
You will be comfortable with managing change in a demanding environment using your technical knowledge and highly-tuned negotiation skills to deliver affordable service improvements and changes to the services being delivered in line with the company goals.