Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job Description of a Receptionist
The office receptionist will be responsible for the reception desk. This job requires general
administration duties and will be required to assist with the day to day running of the office and dock
sale area. The receptionist will answer phones, respond to customer emails, conduct Dock sales, input
orders, and provide sales support for local distribution and sales department.
• Greet customers and vendors on the phone or in person
• Utilize point-of-sale system for customer transactions
• Primary contact for shipping goods via UPS, FEDEX, or LTL
• Maintain organization of public space including personal work space and common areas
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the business and customers
• Keep a positive and helpful a#itude toward customers and employees
• Maintain and/or implement new efficient and effective work methods and systems
• To carry out ordering of office supplies (Paper, highlighters, pens, pencils, Ink cartridges,
calculators, staples, paper clips, garbage bags, sharpies, sticky notes and other necessary office
• File and retrieve organizational documents records and reports
• To carry out accurate till counting procedures at end of night
• Cross trained in accounts receivable
• To communicate regularly and efficiently
• To continually monitor office supplies to insure required supply levels are maintained
• Process expense reports for national sales
• To set good example for the staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and hygiene
• Practice high standards of personal hygiene at all times in terms of grooming and uniform
• To maintain a harmonious work relationship between yourself, other staff members, and
• To communicate a positive attitude, sincere interest, and to interact in a positive way with management and staff alike.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by Senior Management.
• Assist with bookkeeping and other reasonable duties assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be organized
• Good written and verbal communication
• Pay close attention to detail
• Must be able to multi-task
• College education preferred
• Proficient with Microso" Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
SPECIFIC DAY-TO-DAY OPERATIONS; OFFICE RECEPTION AREA
• Answer phones and direct incoming phone calls to the proper location
• Ensure dock sales paper work is entirely and correctly filled out
• Keep clean and presentable to public
• Schedule conference room space
This position will also
assist with data entry, filing, writing memos, and general office cleaning. This position will require use
of the point of sale system, Microso" Dynamics GP, multiline phone system and Microso" Office.