Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Job Description of Sales Associate
Take responsibility for achieving individual and team sales goals. Enhance the guest’s experience by providing prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and professional service that supports the Retail Mission Statement, Core Values
and Service Excellence techniques.
• Genuinely greet all guests with a friendly smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs.
• Assess the needs of guests by asking open-ended questions and provide the appropriate level of service and expertise using the answers to those questions.
• Learn about and apply guest likes, dislikes, color preferences, and attitude to best meet and exceed their shopping needs.
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on guest needs and desires.
• Learn, reference and apply product knowledge information obtained from various sources such as co-workers, seasonal buy strategy and visual documents, company Intranet, product labels, and Product Knowledge binder.
• Embrace brand direction by providing product knowledge and fashion direction with guests on a daily basis.
• Be a strong ambassador of the brand by personally representing the season’s trends and key items for the
• Maintain current knowledge of tommybahama.com, marketing programs, images, and media plans.
Fitting Room Etiquette
• Prepare fitting rooms for guests; keep fitting rooms clean and free of merchandise when not in use, escort guests
to the fitting room and neatly present guest’s selected merchandise in the fitting room, etc.
• Provide ongoing guest service while the guest is trying on merchandise (e.g. fit, fashion and wardrobing advice,
suggest add-ons, promptly remove unwanted items from the fitting room for the guest, etc.)
Sales and Closing
• Proactively seek opportunities to up sell and add-on additional merchandise, further enhancing the guest’s
• Anticipate and overcome guest objections to purchasing merchandise.
• Meet and exceed sales and service performance goals set by store management team members including but
not limited to individual sales, units per transaction (UPT,) dollars per transaction (DPT,) etc.
• Build lasting relationships (“clientele”) with guests by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new
merchandise, and remind them of upcoming events.
Purchase and Return Transactions
• Accurately and efficiently facilitate guest purchase and return transactions.
• Maintain proper banking and media accountabilities at POS while following all “Banking” and “Cash Wrap”
policies and procedures.
• Capture and/or verify guest contact information in GRM database when appropriate.
• Watch for and recognize loss prevention situations and know how to prevent and handle these situations using
outstanding guest service and “Loss Prevention” policies and procedures.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment for team members and guests.
• Follow Retail Operations policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in all store-related meetings and trainings, and apply learned skills on the job.
• Be receptive to feedback and coaching.
• Participate in executing visual merchandising philosophies, cleaning and upkeep of physical store at the direction
of store management. Assisting guests should always come first.
2 years guest service and sales experience preferred
Retail apparel experience preferred
High school diploma or GED required
Tools & Technology
Including, but not limited to:
• Point-of-Sale (POS) system/terminal
• Bar code reader equipment
• Magnetic card reader equipment
• Manual credit card documentation & authorization equipment
• Desktop computer
• Printers/photocopier/fax machine
• Internet and Intranet browser application and data query
• Time clock equipment
• Garment steamer
• Door locks and knobs
• Ladders and step stools
• Miscellaneous hand tools including but not limited to screwdriver, hammer, tape measure, etc.
• Miscellaneous sewing implements including but not limited to needle, thread, etc.
• Trash and recycling receptacles and equipment
• Rolling racks, carts, shelving systems, and merchandise fixtures