Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Job Description Office Administrator
The post holder will provide office administration and support to the Team
The post holder will apply a high degree of confidentiality to all their work and be able to use their own initiative, working without direct supervision
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS:
1. Maintain confidentiality and manage information sensitively. Demonstrate discretion and respect when communicating with colleagues and other agencies.
2. Communicate effectively with all members of team and other agencies. Supporting and promoting teamwork generally through effective dissemination of information.
3. Deal with complex/sensitive information, using tact, persuasive skills and empathy, ensuring Manager is aware of any issues.
ANALYTICAL AND JUDGEMENTAL:
1. Be aware of and participate in risk assessment for the benefit of self, colleagues and clients, in line with the Risk Management Policy and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
2. Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence relating to the team. Date stamp, prioritise and action as necessary. This will include drafting and preparing letters in the absence of the Office Administrator.
3. Ensure the maintenance of accurate and efficient filing systems and related correspondence, ensuring strict confidentiality of client identifiable information.
PLANNING AND ORGANISATION:
1. To ensure effective use of time, through achieving a balance between meetings, office time, planning and organising. Have the ability to prioritise workload.
2. Maintain appropriate stationary supplies for the office and being responsible for all necessary ordering of stationary.
3. Maintain appropriate equipment supplies placing orders on a weekly basis.
4. Maintain and keep accurate records of all planned and unplanned absence.
5. Ensure all booked staff mandatory training days identified.
6. To undertake delegated projects.
7. To deal with telephone, mail, e-mail and general enquiries by prioritising and ensuring that all messages are relayed or action is taken with date and time.
8. Maintain staff personal files, including annual leave and sickness records.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Dealing with the general public
• Work as part of a team
• Ability to work alone under structured guidelines
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload
• Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent telephone skills
• Ability to deal with service users sensitively
• Appreciation of confidentiality
• Good IT skills – including all Office applications and office equipment
Ability to recognise own limitations
Ability to work in a non judgemental manner
Able to work flexible hours (shift work 365/7 per year)
Flexible to meet needs of service
Ability to travel and work in a variety of settings
Good time keeping abilities
Ability to remain calm and composed in a challenging situation
Good Team worker
Be prepared to work to guidelines and procedures
Valid driving license
Office Administrator job description
1. Using software packages to produce graphs and reports as directed
2. Move equipment and stationery around the office/base as required to include weekly selection and packing of equipment for families to collect.
1. To be courteous and helpful to all clients and members of the public.
2. To provide general advice, information, guidance
FINANCIAL AND PHYSICAL RESOURCES:
1. To ensure that equipment within the work place is used efficiently, saving energy by turning off power when not in use.
2. Assist in maintain appropriate stationery supplies for the team and being responsible for all necessary ordering of supplies/equipment.
1. Be aware and adhere to The Organisation HR policies and procedures.
2. Participate in regular personal supervision and personal development.
3. Prepare and collate all pre-interview paperwork for Manager/Team Leader. On day of interviews, photocopy all relevant documentation required.
1. Assist in the timely collection of data relating to the service as directed.
2. Work within the local documents, charts, tables, databases etc by use of Microsoft IT packages e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook and other soft wear.
3. Assist in effective information system, ensuring deadlines are met and papers are available in sufficient time for Manager and other staff.
4 Produce accurate high quality documents or hand written notes.