Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
www.job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions.
Job Description Office Manager
To provide comprehensive support to the office team in all aspects of business administration. To facilitate the professional and smooth-running operation of the office. To act as the central point of contact for all queries internally and externally.
1. Oversee the administration of the office
2. Manage and arrange servicing of the office with contracted partners (lawyers, landlord, accountants, insurance, postage, telephone, internet service provider, newsagents, cleaners, IT, transport, security, etc)
3. Ensure all defective equipment is repaired or replaced as soon as possible in an economic fashion so as not to infringe on the smooth running of the office.
4. Order and maintain levels of stationery and production materials.
5. Good knowledge of employment legislation and guidelines.
6. Undertake Health and Safety supervision of the office and complete reports on request
7. Assist with Marketing and PR activities on an ad hoc basis.
8. Deal with all office financial matters in accordance with Financial Guidelines and authority limits.
9. Maintaining financial records in accordance with local legal requirements.
10. Make necessary authorised payments to suppliers and contributors, and answer queries thereon.
11. Assist accountants, as required, in the preparation of local statutory accounts and cooperate with them over the provision of payroll and other financial services.
12. Administer monthly staff salary transfers.
13. Monitor bank and cash balances and request fund transfers from London as needed.
14. Provide the Regional Business Manager with monthly overseas returns and supporting documentation as well as other ad hoc financial information when required.
15. Administer advance and expenses claims for office staff and act as cashier for the office.
16. Periodically review all existing supply arrangements to ensure that the best deals are being obtained, taking quality and timeliness into consideration.
17. Undertake administrative duties for the team. To arrange and co-ordinate production facilities when necessary.
18. Register all journalistic accreditations with the government for office and visiting staff.
19. Assist with the staff rota when necessary, and finding cover.
20. Ensure that confidentiality is maintained of staff addresses and telephone numbers, and keep staff details up to date.
21. Assist staff in making travel arrangements.
22. Assist visiting staff with accommodation and travel bookings.
23. Maintain and supervise efficient filing systems of administrative records used by the Service, in conjunction with the administrative staff based at the other office, including records of annual and additional leave, sickness and overtime.
24. Update regularly leave and sickness absences.
25. Liaise regularly with other Administrative Managers in London Office on financial and staff data as well as equipment requirements and other ad hoc issues.
26. Ensure that the office inventory is kept up to date
1. Relevant office management experience demonstrating the full range of administrative and secretarial skills.
2. Fluent in English and the ability to communicate effectively in English (both verbal and written).
3. Excellent communications and negotiating skills.
4. IT literate to intermediate standard in the systems used in the office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint with willingness to learn SAP.
5. Numerate, including a working knowledge of, or ability to learn, financial and administrative procedures.