Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job Description Operations Manager
In this case for a Theatre Manager
To manage all operational matters relating to front of house, bar and catering operations as well as leading, managing and developing an appropriate staff team
The ambition of this role is develop the systems and communications that welcome all companies, performers, artists and public when they are in the building and to ensure that they feel welcomed and supported
Front of House and Operations
• Lead, motivate, develop and recruit a team of front line staff, including front of house, bar and catering staff, ensuring that all team members have a flexible and friendly approach and that they feel part of the organisation and its future
• Ensuring that all aspects of front of house, bar and café bar areas provide a welcoming environment to customers and potential customers
• Oversee rostering of all front of house, bar and catering staff,
• Act as Duty Manager on some daytime and evening shifts including performances.
• Ensure that visitors with special needs are catered for appropriately
• Organise signed and audio described performances
• Maintain compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act
• Meet the requirements of the Theatre’s planning committee to ensure that events are timetabled efficiently
• Manage service contractors and suppliers
• Ensuring that front of house expenditure is controlled effectively and within budget
• Oversee and maintain good cash and card control practises and manage bar cash float
• Working with the Sales and Commercial Manager maintain bar stock control and ordering
• Work with Maintenance Supervisor to oversee cleanliness of public areas
Licensing and Health and Safety
• Ensure compliance with all statutory guidance for fire, security, Health and Safety and emergency policies and procedures. Take a leading role in the evacuation of the building during fire drills and provide ongoing training for temporary and permanent staff in their responsibilities in the event of an evacuation
• To act as a first aid officer (training will be given if necessary)
• To support the DPO, to ensure that the building meets specific fire regulations, health and safety, licensing, security and insurance requirements
• To liaise with licensing authorities and be the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
• To support the DPO in ensuring that the repairs and maintenance of the theatre building and its (non-theatrical) equipment are maintained to agreed budgets
• With the DPO share responsibility for the security of the theatre complex
• Be a designated key holder for the company and emergency contact
• Manage events (not performances), conferences, functions etc; liaising with external hirers, in-house technical staff and coordinating all activity relating to the events.
• To oversee the delivery of events for other departments including press nights, fundraising events etc.
• To work with the Sales and Commercial Manager to deliver a creative programme of events to support the main theatre programme including talks, open events, parties and other activities
• To act as point of liaison for event management companies, tourism agencies, conference and commercial booking services and to ensure that th Theatre has a high presence with these external agencies.
• To provide the Communications Director and Finance Director with accurate financial reports, helping to analyse profit and loss and act swiftly to make decisions which will improve profitability
• To overseeing banking, stock control and internal recharges and provide regular and accurate financial reports
Passion for the arts
At least three years experience in a customer facing operational role in a cultural venue, visitor attraction, catering, retail, hotel, restaurant, bar or other hospitality environment
Knowledge of DDA requirements and working with audiences/visitors with special needs
Experience of managing a front line team of at least ten staff
Health and safety qualification
Up to date knowledge on licensing and health and safety legislation
First aid trained
Strong finance and administration skills
Understanding of relevant HR practices
Proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently with diverse groups of people
Knowledge of Microsoft Server software
Able to act on own initiative
Event Management experience
Excellent IT skills
Experience overseeing a catering operation
Working alongside the Box Office Manager to motivate and train the front line staff, so that they reflect the values of the comapny