Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Job Description Receptionist
To provide excellent customer services to all visitors; helping them where their enquiries and efficiently referring them on where necessary. To carry out activities relating to the administration, coordination and presentation of the reception. To help ensure good communication is maintained amongst the reception staff by ensuring good records are kept and systems are adhered to.
• Using their excellent communication skills to receive, and respond to, enquiries
• Ensure that the relevant administration tasks and systems are being adhered to and will make regular checks on paperwork
• Follow the current opening and closing procedures
• To have an active role in keeping The reception area looking neat and tidy and making sure that advertisements and magazines/papers are kept up to date when on display.
• Follow the current procedures for the taking of cash; membership records are kept, stored appropriately and passed onto the relevant department.
• Demonstrate basic administrative tasks.
• Provide a first point of contact for enquiries referring on where appropriate.
• Ensure that procedures are followed for the safe storage and selling of tickets that are not processed through the till.
• To keep a good working knowledge of activities and entertainments and events as well as a sound basic knowledge of other departments in order to direct visitors as required
• Ensure the leaflets racks and poster displays are kept up-to-date.
• Reconcile the takings at the end of every, following set guidelines. The post holder will monitor and report on any discrepancies to their line manager and the finance team. The post holder will ensure that all paperwork is prepared to be submitted to the finance office in a timely fashion and records are kept for future monitoring.
• Either by using initiative, or upon request, report any issues to the maintenance team, porters or Facilities & Administration Manager.
• To administer all incoming and outgoing mail in accordance with defined procedures.
Relevant experience of working in a busy reception or front of house capacity
Experience of receiving and responding to customer enquiries and ensuring these enquire are dealt with or passed on to the appropriate person.
Experience of keeping accurate records and filing systems.
Experience of dealing with challenging customers
Experience of using office equipment; to include photocopiers & faxes
Experience of cashing up and keeping appropriate records
Knowledge, skills & abilities
Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Outlook
An understanding of the good practice guidelines when dealing with cash.
Ability to use their communication skills to an excellent level. This is to include actively listening to enquiries, questioning for further information, reassuring the customer how there query will be dealt with and passing, if necessary this information on to the relevant member of staff.
Ability to write brief work reports and up-date and amended the reception handbook to a good standard as directed by their line manager.
Ability to use own initiative to deal with routine enquiries from students and staff surrounding student activities and events.
Ability to understand and comply to requirement surrounding the data protection act
Attitude & disposition
Demonstrates a positive approach to best practice and exceeding customer expectations
Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision
Organised with the ability to ensure good records are kept
Desire to work in a student environment within democratic structures
Approachable nature with the ability to mix with a range of people from diverse backgrounds
Trustworthy, reliable, and flexible with good attention to detail and demonstrable integrity
Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with others
Conscientious and hard working
Pro- active approach to work
Committed to the principles and practice of equal opportunities