Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free Job description Recruitment Manager
Responsible for providing a professional recruitment and resourcing service and manage the recruitment team
4. Provide management and support to the Recruitment team ensuring specialist knowledge in Recruitment and the Job Evaluation process.
5.To ensure that the Recruitment team delivers an effective and professional service provision to the , ensuring that the service is monitored and measured against agreed service level agreements.
6.Act as a specialist HR advisor on all Recruitment and Resourcing issues to managers and staff including members of the recruitment team with reference to the organisation’s policies, procedures and employment legislation/codes of practice.
7. Proactively manage the recruitment team’s performance through developing and implementing robust performance management processes and reporting mechanisms. Provide regular performance data to the Director Human Resources and other key stakeholders.
8.Proactively manage the recruitment team’s performance through developing and implementing robust performance management processes and reporting mechanisms. Provide regular performance data to the Director Human Resources and other key stakeholders.
9. Propose policy and service improvements in line with changes to legislation, survey and audit reports. Contribute and participate in work parties and policy development service improvement initiatives as and when required.
Implementing any necessary changes and ensuring the members of the section are briefed and trained in any changes.
10. Ensure the meets its obligations in relation to safe recruitment practice, ensuring quality assurance, and that vetting and pre-employment checks are carried out in line with national and local protocols.
11.Ensure the timely dissemination of information to the Recruitment team through the team leaders and its understanding and implementation where necessary.
12.Provide leadership and ensure active management is taken on all staff appointments, liaising closely with other H.R. members and the staff themselves including participation in staff induction.
13. Bring to the attention of the Director Human Resources any issues contrary to the provision of a quality service, through the tracking and monitoring of all Recruitment and Resourcing episodes.
Provide regular reports and inform/support provision of the service and identify quality / performance issues which can be improved.
14. Monitor recruitment activity and where required develop and implement recruitment initiatives and campaigns e.g. open days,
15. Develop a close working relationship with colleagues in other teams on issues which may impact on the Recruitment and Resourcing section.
16.Support the Director Human Resources in service developments, the production of the annual section plan and in the delivery of projects and research.
17. Any other duties, which may be required from time to time, which will be discussed and agreed with the Line Manager.
. Responsibilities of the Post Holder
Lead and manage the Recruitment Team.
Required to analyse situations such as quality assurance in short listing scores awarded, identify potential issues and develop appropriate reports to ensure these issues can be addressed and monitored, this will include investigating data.
Responsible for maintaining and keeping up to date relevant recruitment IT systems, ensuring compliance with changes to employment law and recruitment practices, e.g. Jobs and vacancy spreadsheet.
Is aware of the Health and Safety Act and policy within the organisation. Ensures the safe use of equipment and takes appropriate breaks from using equipment e.g. VDU
Research and Development:
Co-ordinate information required for recruitment and workforce audits.
Co-ordinate processes in order to collate information for reports/audits that benchmark our recruitment services against other co ’s and recruitment best practice.
Be involved in and support continuous improvement activity and new ways of working within Recruitment and Resourcing.
Specialist knowledge in recruitment and resourcing matters, including selection and assessment design, branding, advertisement and international recruitment matters.
Working knowledge of current and changing employment law and best practice in relation to recruitment, immigrations and equality and diversity.
Working knowledge of job evaluation systems.
Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work and good organisational skills
Ability to build personal credibility and develop effective professional working relationships
Customer focused and results driven
Ability to deal sensitively and tactfully with difficult situations
Ability to communicate complex and sensitive information at all levels, verbally and in writing
Ability to design and deliver training on recruitment and Resourcing policies and procedures
Experience of developing and implementing recruitment and Resourcing policies.
An understanding of the principles of equality and diversity, particularly in relation to positive action and employment.
Confident presentation and influencing skills
Ability to manage a diverse workload and to meet deadlines
Able to cope with frequent interruptions to the planned programme of work and to deal with unpredictable workloads
Demonstrates practice of integrity at all times.
Demonstrates the ability to make difficult or unpopular decisions when appropriate.
Demonstrates the ability to championing corporate decisions, even when unpopular and acts in a professional and confidential manner.
Demonstrates excellent customer service
Knowledge of the and specifically the national H.R.Agenda
Working knowledge of Electronic Staff Record, Jobs and Agenda for Change
Project management skills
Graduate member of CIPD or equivalent or experience as recognised by the CIPD.
Evidence of continuing professional development, including attending training, short courses.
Computer literacy – word, excel
Experience of working as an HR Advisor.
Recent practical experience of managing a recruitment team and leading on Recruitment and Resourcing matters in a large, diverse multidisciplinary, union organisation.
Previous experience of leading and managing teams with a proven track record of delivering high quality service against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Experience of interpreting and advising managers on complex Recruitment and Resourcing matters in line with legislation.
Proven track record of lead and managing large recruitment campaigns and senior manager appointments.
Operational experience in co-ordinating and lead on immigration and DBS matters.
Experience of managing recruitment web-based IT systems.
Evidence of learning from customer feedback to reflect on self and the service being provided
1. To ensure the provision of a comprehensive operational Recruitment and Resourcing service, including providing complex, specialist or sensitive advice and support to managers, staff and candidates on the full range of operational Recruitment and Resourcing matters. This will include terms and conditions of service, best recruitment practices, alternative recruitment methods, equality and diversity and guidance on employing Overseas Nationals.
2.To support the design and delivery of training sessions on the Recruitment and Selection process to groups of staff, for example interview skills, shortlisting techniques, and assessment methods.
3. To lead and manage the Recruitment Team, including appraisals, team briefings, attendance management, recruitment, workload allocation and workforce matters such as disciplinary and grievance.