Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
To help production teams produce programmes by providing accurate, effective and timely technical support to the production teams in the office, in studios and on location.
To be responsible for contestant correspondence and some office administration.
To actively contribute to the generation of ideas across the Entertainment Department.
To assist in sourcing of audience members.
Ad hoc research into specialist subjects for briefing documents.
Demonstrate a range of technical skills associated with the making of broadcast programmes.
Preparation of technical equipment.
To organise the day to day movement of equipment in response to programme production’s needs, and maintain systems to ensure accurate record keeping of all aspects of the equipment.
Assist with basic camera repair and manage the process of serious repairs to equipment.
Establish and maintain suitable methods of keeping track of equipment losses in conjunction with the Manager.
To keep up-to-date on all relevant technical developments
You must comply with, and be aware of, all relevant safety rules, procedures and guidelines.
To support the production team in the office, during the pre-production process, on studio days and on location.
To undertake general office duties including typing, taking messages, photocopying, e-mailing and filing.
To make, deliver and collect urgent mail / packages / tapes between local buildings.
To maintain contributor databases and any specific programme email accounts.
Tape logging and transfers.
Establishing and maintaining tape logging and interview cataloguing systems.
To collect guests from reception and to provide hospitality
• Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills
• A keen eye and attention to detail and the ability to check content/paperwork thoroughly
• An ability to type and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, Excel
• An adaptable and flexible approach to work
• To be able to quickly learn how to use new computer packages
• Excellent team worker – being able to work well and in a positive manner, with a range of Production staff at all levels
• A confident telephone manner.
• Good planning and organising skills - ability to prioritise and use initiative as appropriate.
• Experience of working to tight deadlines, often under pressure, to be able to work accurately and effectively and often without close supervision.
• To be able to identify priorities and to complete work in priority order.
• An understanding and ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
• Demonstrable interest or experience in the media. Particular knowledge of TV production and the types of network programming
• Awareness of the television production process, and developments in broadcasting, online and new technologies.
• Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of Production staff.
• A flexible and pragmatic approach to supporting the wider operational environment
• Knowledge of working in a technical area.
• Knowledge of shooting and editing techniques.
• Awareness of health and safety regulations associated with programme making and technical equipment e.g. Health and Safety at Work
• There may be a need to work irregular hours and weekends as business requires.
Free job description Runner